Steve Diamond conversation

Steve Diamond conversation

Baz 29 Dec 2018 18:53 pm said..

Me... Well done Steve, you did a job on us. SD Thanks we knew that if we could quieten the crowd we had a chance Me...Tactically you got it spot on but I don’t understand how a club with 3000 to 5000 home crowd can beat us. SD...it’s tough to get players to come and I’m Chief bottle washer, everything...... and we know what Gloucester means to you lot but we use that to our advantage Me ......Do you think you would succeed as a coach here? SD.. oh yes, for sure. Me.... Why? SD.... because I would get ex players and coaches around me who knew what it meant to play for the club.
Me.... Like Andy Hazel ? SD.... Exactly, not a coach but he knows what Gloucester is about and that’s what we have at Sale. SD.... quite honestly Gloucester would be one of the easiest jobs, just get them motivated and some ex players would do that. Me.... Well I think you’re a top coach but I won’t be watching any Rugby this week, it hurts us a lot more down here .SD.... We know that, that’s why it’s easier to win here. SD......Motivating anyone to come here is easy, you’ve got it all but it’s also pretty easy to take it away.

Ps For the people that hate him I also told him when he was screaming at the back of me and laughing I wanted to punch his lights out. He laughed, we shook hands and promised me a beer up there when we play them. He’s s top guy and an excellent motivational coach.
Last edited by Baz on 29 Dec 2018 21:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Oldprop 29 Dec 2018 19:22 pm said..

I'm struggling with this. When did stephen Vaughan join in?
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

HKC 29 Dec 2018 19:27 pm said..

Why did Steven Vaughan get involved in the conversation? ;)

They certainly did do a number on us today but I'd hardly use his views as a blueprint for our success, it's not yielded anything other than mid table mediocrity for him.
HKC
On the board

Welly 29 Dec 2018 20:15 pm said..

Welly
Hall of Famer

Baz 29 Dec 2018 20:26 pm said..

Yep.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 30 Dec 2018 00:20 am said..

If he is your role model good luck.
Clive's Pants
On the board

madders 30 Dec 2018 09:49 am said..

Role model or not, he certainly did his homework. Was the fisty-cuffs all part of the plan to unsettle us?
Sale were better in every department....what now for us after two successive home defeats?
madders
Hall of Famer

lucifer 30 Dec 2018 09:53 am said..

And 2 successive away wins! How often does that happen to us? Forwards were the main problem yesterday in many aspects of the game not least being the line out. We have a solution to that but JA doesn’t seem to want to use it.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Baz 30 Dec 2018 10:20 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:If he is your role model good luck.

Role model? Where did I indicate that? Treat as you find and before yesterday I had a different view. I found him funny, engaging and someone with great rugby knowledge. Until this season he worked with the smallest budget and as he says, he’s still chief bottle washer.

I thought it might be interesting getting the thoughts of an opposition coach straight after the game, for some, obviously not. So let’s talk about the bloke....... best forget the informative things he said. Apologies to Old Prop etc who didn’t get the gist..... but I was on a bus to Cheltenham, yes a bus and using my mobile.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 30 Dec 2018 10:23 am said..

The only footage I've seen of the incident with the journo is him berating Diamond and Diamond repeatedly telling him to go away.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby