Steve Diamond conversation

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Wolves Biffo 05 Jan 2019 00:42 am said..

I was taken by his assertion (during the week) that Sale have the lowest injury record in the Prem and that he puts it down to limited contact in training. My biased opinion of SD was that he would be very keen to encourage the physical aspects in his training, so maybe he is a more savvy coach than I appreciated. They had a classy win against Sarries tonight, which might put our loss last week in a slightly better perspective.
Posts: 146
Wolves Biffo
Senior squad member

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Severus 05 Jan 2019 02:21 am said..

On one hand the evidence points to Sale and SD do indeed look after their players and Peters is wrong. However, that doesn’t excuse SD behaviour last weekend. Hacks are hacks, but attempting to physically intimidate them is really not on imo.
Posts: 917
Severus
On the board

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

madders 05 Jan 2019 11:00 am said..

But writing bleep is OK? I back Diamond, perhaps he is just too honest and not slippery , unlike Peters.
Posts: 2244
madders
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Number8 05 Jan 2019 11:25 am said..

Certain coaches have been labelled ad dinosaurs/ old school or what ever you want to call it. Sam Allardyce was a prime example, however the training techniques he used and analysis he used was way ahead of anybody else. I think Diamond falls into this category, he may come across as old school etc but behind the outward persona is an intelligent bloke who is doing a great job.
Posts: 297
Number8
Vice-Captain

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Number10 05 Jan 2019 11:48 am said..

Number8 wrote:Certain coaches have been labelled ad dinosaurs/ old school or what ever you want to call it. Sam Allardyce was a prime example, however the training techniques he used and analysis he used was way ahead of anybody else. I think Diamond falls into this category, he may come across as old school etc but behind the outward persona is an intelligent bloke who is doing a great job.


I agree. Although prefer to call it no nonsense than old school. There will always be people that wont agree with any coaches methods. I think diamond is someone who does it his way if you buy in to that you will do well if you don't then he will move you on. Don't see that as bullying just as a strong believe in his way.
Posts: 1283
Number10
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Peanutcoxy 05 Jan 2019 13:43 pm said..

Number10 wrote:
Number8 wrote:Certain coaches have been labelled ad dinosaurs/ old school or what ever you want to call it. Sam Allardyce was a prime example, however the training techniques he used and analysis he used was way ahead of anybody else. I think Diamond falls into this category, he may come across as old school etc but behind the outward persona is an intelligent bloke who is doing a great job.


I agree. Although prefer to call it no nonsense than old school. There will always be people that wont agree with any coaches methods. I think diamond is someone who does it his way if you buy in to that you will do well if you don't then he will move you on. Don't see that as bullying just as a strong believe in his way.

+1
The older I get the faster I was
Posts: 1196  Location: Brockworth
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

shedwebber 05 Jan 2019 16:04 pm said..

That's probably it then! :roll:
Éire go Brách!
Posts: 613
User avatar
shedwebber
Hero in the making

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Number8 05 Jan 2019 17:48 pm said..

shedwebber wrote:That's probably it then! :roll:


Yup ;)
Posts: 297
Number8
Vice-Captain

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Severus 05 Jan 2019 17:57 pm said..

madders wrote:But writing bleep is OK? I back Diamond, perhaps he is just too honest and not slippery , unlike Peters.

No, but physical intimidation to much worse. There are many ways in which SD and Sale could have responded to the article. Offering the guy outside is unacceptable.
Posts: 917
Severus
On the board

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Glen Sannox 05 Jan 2019 19:45 pm said..

Did he 'offer him outside', or suggest the conversation would be better conducted in private? You don't know, and neither do I. I suggest that if PRL or the RFU thought it was genuinely the former, action would have been taken. They haven't shied away from taking action against him in the past.
Cherchez la truffe
Posts: 2032
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 10 guests