Steve Diamond conversation

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Snevets49 05 Jan 2019 21:10 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Did he 'offer him outside', or suggest the conversation would be better conducted in private? You don't know, and neither do I. I suggest that if PRL or the RFU thought it was genuinely the former, action would have been taken. They haven't shied away from taking action against him in the past.

All potentially true.
But I suspect and hope that both have had a sharp word in his ear to prevent further occurrences.
To repeat/paraphrase somone else’s previous post. If a Glaws supporter had taken umbridge and confronted a journalist in such a way, in the media area, he would be banned for a season or more. Plus, whatever differentiators some may place between SD and one of our current players, they are all equal role models?

It isn’t a contradiction to view SD a good coach but a complete and utter div as a person, at the same time.
Posts: 1344  Location: Upton upon Severn
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Glen Sannox 08 Jan 2019 15:24 pm said..

In case people missed today's press release from Sale

'The club would like to comment on the recent media reports concerning litigation between former player, Cillian Willis, and Sale Sharks.

Whilst it is correct that Mr Willis did commence a legal action against the club in 2016. Mr Willis subsequently discontinued that claim in March 2018, without any payment of compensation being made by Sale Sharks.

Sale Sharks have an exemplary record with regards to player welfare and wellbeing, the club would like to wish Cillian success in the future.'

The Sam Peters article that caused the kerfuffle was in September 2018, which, assuming the press release is accurate, was six months after the action was dropped...perhaps a phone call would have clarified that?
Cherchez la truffe
Posts: 2032
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Peanutcoxy 08 Jan 2019 18:15 pm said..

Snevets49 wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Did he 'offer him outside', or suggest the conversation would be better conducted in private? You don't know, and neither do I. I suggest that if PRL or the RFU thought it was genuinely the former, action would have been taken. They haven't shied away from taking action against him in the past.

All potentially true.
But I suspect and hope that both have had a sharp word in his ear to prevent further occurrences.
To repeat/paraphrase somone else’s previous post. If a Glaws supporter had taken umbridge and confronted a journalist in such a way, in the media area, he would be banned for a season or more. Plus, whatever differentiators some may place between SD and one of our current players, they are all equal role models?

It isn’t a contradiction to view SD a good coach but a complete and utter div as a person, at the same time.

To be fair to SD, I think I would be a bit grumpy if a reporter wrote an article on me that I considered to be vindictive and without foundation. His reaction may or may not have been over the top but I can certainly understand it
The older I get the faster I was
Posts: 1196  Location: Brockworth
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Severus 09 Jan 2019 00:22 am said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:
Snevets49 wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Did he 'offer him outside', or suggest the conversation would be better conducted in private? You don't know, and neither do I. I suggest that if PRL or the RFU thought it was genuinely the former, action would have been taken. They haven't shied away from taking action against him in the past.

All potentially true.
But I suspect and hope that both have had a sharp word in his ear to prevent further occurrences.
To repeat/paraphrase somone else’s previous post. If a Glaws supporter had taken umbridge and confronted a journalist in such a way, in the media area, he would be banned for a season or more. Plus, whatever differentiators some may place between SD and one of our current players, they are all equal role models?

It isn’t a contradiction to view SD a good coach but a complete and utter div as a person, at the same time.

To be fair to SD, I think I would be a bit grumpy if a reporter wrote an article on me that I considered to be vindictive and without foundation. His reaction may or may not have been over the top but I can certainly understand it

That’s modern media for you, shouldn’t be but it is.
Posts: 917
Severus
On the board

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Oldprop 09 Jan 2019 10:27 am said..

I have to say that for me, SD comes out of this in a far better light than the journo or the Grauniad.
Posts: 1100  Location: Deep within the Wychwoods
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Glen Sannox 09 Jan 2019 10:34 am said..

I think the original article was in the Independent, and on the fateful day wasn't he working for the Sunday Times?
Cherchez la truffe
Posts: 2032
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

AdrianM 09 Jan 2019 12:11 pm said..

Based on further info the press release appears to have been conservative with the full story though and, to my mind, doesn’t show the club in a great light.
Further I would add that whether SP is correct or not SD could and - given his position - should have handled this situation a lot better.
Posts: 8
AdrianM
On a trial

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

chris1850 09 Jan 2019 12:18 pm said..

AdrianM wrote:Based on further info the press release appears to have been conservative with the full story though and, to my mind, doesn’t show the club in a great light.
Further I would add that whether SP is correct or not SD could and - given his position - should have handled this situation a lot better.


What is the further info Adrian? Do you have a link?
Posts: 28
chris1850
Turns out for the A team

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

AdrianM 09 Jan 2019 13:19 pm said..

From the journos twitter. In short the club were able to stop the case against them by successfully arguing the doctors were independent and not club employees. The case continues against the doctors.
Posts: 8
AdrianM
On a trial

Re: Steve Diamond conversation

Not1eyed 09 Jan 2019 20:25 pm said..

Think this whole affair is best forgotten. I’ll never read anything Peters writes again.
Posts: 1289
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 2 guests