Munster Friday Night

Re: Munster Friday Night

ShedOrDead 08 Jan 2019 13:22 pm said..

Big Red wrote:I could be wrong but a losing bonus point for Munster, regardless of how ours or the Exeter game finishes, would leave them still top of the pool heading into the final round and with destiny in their own hands at Thomond Park. Extreme clutching at straws from myself, but you just never know how that might effect their thinking depending on how the game goes. I'm at the stage after recent results and our injury list, where I would take any kind of one off win on Friday night to get us back on the horse.

Of course if we do win, who knows on the final weekend anyway...

You're quite right, and for Glaws to progress beyond the Group stages now would require one of the few less-than-likely permutations in results across the competition.

I do admire your optimism with respect to Europe, but personally, I am resigned to the opinion that Glaws will not progress to the quarter-finals. Don't think me negative in this though: I will be heading to Kingsholm hoping above all else for a performance (and hopefully a win) that draws a line under the last two games and shows a team back on track for the second half of the season. There is so much still to play for and the league is so tight: current in-form teams Queens and Sale will have wobbles while others will find veins of form, I guarantee.
ShedOrDead
Hero in the making

PeterD 08 Jan 2019 15:18 pm said..

It is about time we had our own miracle match. Can’t think of another side I would rather it was against .
PeterD
Hall of Famer

nicko88 08 Jan 2019 15:34 pm said..

Hope we can live up to Peter O’Mahony’s expectations...

https://twitter.com/sportinglk/status/1 ... 37536?s=21
nicko88
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 08 Jan 2019 15:46 pm said..

Very respectful....but the poor home game v Chiefs, injuries and poor form have consigned us to playing for pride sadly. Just hope we aren't disgraced and looking for a good weekend in France the following week...hopefully not spoiled too much by the 80 minutes of rugby....(and the B***h to lose match on the Sunday :) )
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Glen Sannox 08 Jan 2019 15:55 pm said..

Munster aren't the same standard as Leinster, but they're a very decent side. I expect them to win well I'm afraid ...bonus point looks likely.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 08 Jan 2019 16:00 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Munster aren't the same standard as Leinster, but they're a very decent side. I expect them to win well I'm afraid ...bonus point looks likely.

They'll just have to make do with the best part of half the Ireland team along with some of the most passionate fans on the planet....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

ShedOrDead 08 Jan 2019 16:24 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Munster aren't the same standard as Leinster, but they're a very decent side. I expect them to win well I'm afraid ...bonus point looks likely.

They'll just have to make do with the best part of half the Ireland team along with some of the most passionate fans on the planet....

A super idea KPB. They'll bring the former, we can do the latter :D
ShedOrDead
Hero in the making

Tump 08 Jan 2019 20:11 pm said..

Looking forward to Friday with slight trepidation.

Munster will be right up for it and with as usual a big support.

I just hope our injury ravaged squad can raise themselves for a big effort and give the croud something to get behind.

We are massive underdogs for this and any win would be our miricale match.

Still no pressure on us given the circumstance and anything can happen in a game of rugby.
Tump
Vice-Captain

Chalker 08 Jan 2019 20:37 pm said..

[quote="Tump

We are massive underdogs for this and any win would be our miricale match.

.[/quote]

I don't understand your pessimism Tump, we are at home and I fancy us to win (obviously)
"Massive underdogs" really? Just look at the bookies odds nearer the day.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

madders 08 Jan 2019 20:42 pm said..

If we had kept 15 on the pitch in Thomond who knows. At home l think our pack will front up, it’s what we do with the ball that will decide the outcome.
With a bit of guile (DC) and pace (OT, CS, JW) who knows. Optimistic.
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby