Munster Friday Night

Re: Munster Friday Night

shawnsheep 08 Jan 2019 21:56 pm said..

Bookies make Munster only 5 point favourites, may change once the teams are announced.
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain

Zyder 08 Jan 2019 22:14 pm said..

Fair play to all those travelling further, but I will be coming from Abbeymead more in hope than expectation.
I watched the away game on tv and agree with those who think that 15 players on the pitch would have won.
We can barely muster a squad. With a reasonable amount of injuries and a full house - we'd have taken them to the cleaners.

When oh when are these players going to return? We are making ordinary teams look good. Miracle match - YES PLEASE !
Zyder
Senior squad member

Glos1012 08 Jan 2019 22:42 pm said..

Our first choice 15 is oustanding, just such a shame we will hardly if ever see it.
Glos1012
Vice-Captain

Baz 08 Jan 2019 23:31 pm said..

I’m rewinding back 4 weeks and the win at Exeter and I have to believe we can get somewhere close to that again. Ed Slater said recently that the players have to perform at Kingsholm and not rely on the Kingsholm crowd to pull them through. Probably even more so now. It was put on twitter and I agreed with him and added that the away team players are inspired by the passion too.
Sale had recently played in front of 3,000 in Europe at home so it was great for them to play in front of a sell out crowd. Hopefully the inspiration will work this time because we are playing well? Get on the front foot early and keep it going. We are a good side who have lost their way, maybe we will get back on track Friday? Let’s see Kingsholm rock again Friday because we are back to where we were.
Baz
Hall of Famer

CMGC 08 Jan 2019 23:38 pm said..

"First choice 15" one of those mythical beings. I suspect if we all selected it we would end up with about 30 players in the mix and then JA would change it again !! And that is just for a given W/E . I truly belive we don't have one as it will morph and change throughout the season due to form/ game plan/opposition/ fitness etc.
CMGC

CMGC 08 Jan 2019 23:47 pm said..

The first half will be key. In 16 main games so far the quins game is the only one where we were ahead after 40 mins and then lost. In 6 of the 7 games we have lost we were down at half time. So I hope we empty the tanks in the first 40.
CMGC

Halo 08 Jan 2019 23:55 pm said..

Seriously tough match on Friday especially with our injury list but you never know and that is the beauty of sport.
Hopefully Thorley will return and Woodward too although l thought Hudson was excellent at Welford Road. Heinz to come back in and would like to see Slater start with Grobbelar and Mosert on for last twenty, as for Cipriani, well only if he's 100%

Anyway, here's hoping !!
Halo
Vice-Captain

MrGlawsRocker 09 Jan 2019 07:03 am said..

I'm certainly looking forward to this match, it won't be pretty, It will be gritty and probably have all the a hallmarks of being more of a local derby than a "normal" European match.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Forrester 09 Jan 2019 07:08 am said..

Halo wrote:Seriously tough match on Friday especially with our injury list but you never know and that is the beauty of sport.
Hopefully Thorley will return and Woodward too although l thought Hudson was excellent at Welford Road. Heinz to come back in and would like to see Slater start with Grobbelar and Mosert on for last twenty, as for Cipriani, well only if he's 100%

Anyway, here's hoping !!

Heinz is out for a month.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Wilkosam 09 Jan 2019 08:16 am said..

We'll be missing our favoured 9 and probably/possibly favoured 10 for one of the biggest games of the season, bodes very well! I feel like Heinz has been injured more than he has been available this season, he's having a bad run. Our injury list coupled with our recent form does give us underdog status though, which we do seem to relish.
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby