Munster Friday Night

Re: Munster Friday Night

King Prawn Bhuna 09 Jan 2019 09:16 am said..

Baz wrote:I’m rewinding back 4 weeks and the win at Exeter and I have to believe we can get somewhere close to that again. Ed Slater said recently that the players have to perform at Kingsholm and not rely on the Kingsholm crowd to pull them through. Probably even more so now. It was put on twitter and I agreed with him and added that the away team players are inspired by the passion too.
Sale had recently played in front of 3,000 in Europe at home so it was great for them to play in front of a sell out crowd. Hopefully the inspiration will work this time because we are playing well? Get on the front foot early and keep it going. We are a good side who have lost their way, maybe we will get back on track Friday? Let’s see Kingsholm rock again Friday because we are back to where we were.

I've a feeling that this will feel more like an away match for them with the travelling Red Army in full voice...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Baz 09 Jan 2019 10:44 am said..

Haven’t they sent tickets back KPB ?
I think there are enough myths associated with Munster, a thousand will make a lot of noise but it’s up to us to be noisier.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Forrester 09 Jan 2019 13:19 pm said..

There’s been a few comments on here that we should almost accept that we’re not going to qualify and rest a few. Personally I think if we still have half a chance of going through we should go all out. With that in mind this is what I would go with:

Hohneck
Visagie
Balmain
Slater (captain)
Grobler
Mostert
Morgan
Ludlow
Vellacott
Cipriani
Thorley
Williams
Twelvetrees
Sharples
Hudson

McAllister
Walker
Knight
Clark
Evans
Braley
Trinder
Woodward
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Glos1012 09 Jan 2019 13:26 pm said..

Hohneck
Visagre
Balmain
Slater(c)
Grobler
Mostert
Ludlow
Morgan
Braley
Cipriani
Thorley
Williams
Twelvetrees
Sharples
Hudson

Walker
Mccalister
Knight
Clarke
Evans
Vellacott
Trinder
Woodward.

I saw Woodward play very well for Bristol at 13, not sure why we haven't tried him there yet.
Glos1012
Vice-Captain

Wilkosam 09 Jan 2019 13:37 pm said..

Freddie Clarke would get the nod from me. He's been brilliant, I'd have him in over Ludlow.
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain

Glawsterkaapie 09 Jan 2019 13:48 pm said..

think we need to front up to Munster and get in their faces...

would always pick an openside, so whilst Freddie's been exceptional, and GarethE too last weekend, I would plump for a backrow of Morgan, Luds and Mostert with the latter reverting to the 2nd row after an hour to bring on fresher backrow legs

If Hanson's fit as has been announced by Mr Ackermann yesterday, then with his better technical skills, he has to start for me with Visagie coming on with fresh legs and atheleticism after 50-55 minutes

Surprising that Atkinson's not in anyone's selection :o ... I would say he's a bolter along with 36 in midfield whoever's playing at 10.
Glawsterkaapie
Senior squad member

foresterinyorks 09 Jan 2019 13:57 pm said..

I think Hanson is a little way off fitness but will be OK for when the Premiership starts again.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Big Red 09 Jan 2019 14:12 pm said..

Didn't hear anything on Marais yesterday. In previous injury reports it was suggested he may make this block. We'll need him if Visagie is crocked!
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Glosteroldboy 09 Jan 2019 14:26 pm said..

Is it Friday yet !!!

Tell me it's Friday tomorrow....

Feeling like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve ....

Looking like an old tired supporter who still gets the buzz and excitement pre-match...
Glosteroldboy
First team regular

madders 09 Jan 2019 14:53 pm said..

We need someone who can scrap for ball at the breakdown, Munster will try to push the boundaries by slowing down as much as they can get away with. I’d have Kriel or Ludlow with Morgan and Clarke, the latter was on fire last week.
Oh for the days when you could stand on those naughty fingers....the game has gone soft.
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby