Building the Atmosphere

Building the Atmosphere

GREENZILLA 09 Jan 2019 11:54 am said..

A few thoughts on expanding the Atmosphere at Castle Grim. Not to disrupt Kingsholm traditions but would be people welcome more songs being sung during the game about players and there exploits.
Ie a song about Ollie Thorley
"We got Ollie, Ollie Thorley
I just don't think you understand
When he's out wide, he scores loads of tries
Ollie, Ollie Thorley"
Getting the shed to shout these kind of songs builds atmosphere and intimidation to visiting teams.
Thoughts???
GREENZILLA
On a trial

Re: Building the Atmosphere

Tumpy+1 09 Jan 2019 11:59 am said..

Best of luck with that, but you're right, a few more songs of encouragement would be great. I know one that begins with G :D
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Vice-Captain

Legendoft'Autostrada 09 Jan 2019 12:06 pm said..

Don't think this kind of pre-planned thing works. It's not intimidating in the slightest.

The best stuff is impromptu, like adapting the Glaws-ter chant to the Exeter Red Indian dirge, for example. Or Viva Espana in the closing stages of the Challenge Cup semi-final.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

covglaws 09 Jan 2019 12:15 pm said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:Don't think this kind of pre-planned thing works. It's not intimidating in the slightest.

The best stuff is impromptu, like adapting the Glaws-ter chant to the Exeter Red Indian dirge, for example. Or Viva Espana in the closing stages of the Challenge Cup semi-final.

Exactly. Eeeoring to the tomahawk chop for example. ;)
"When the Glos go marching in" at Franklins Gardens when we won the Anglo Welsh Cup there.
Otherwise all sounds a bit round ball to me.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1504  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

madders 09 Jan 2019 13:54 pm said..

Call me old fashioned but all our boys need is the roar of the crowd and plenty of encouragement!
(Hopefully the two tossers who kept slagging OW against Sale are nowhere near me.)

I’m looking forward to seeing “Captain Munster”.
madders
Hall of Famer

AdrianM 09 Jan 2019 13:57 pm said..

Tug of war and the brass band
AdrianM
Academy prospect

Tortworth 09 Jan 2019 14:24 pm said..

And the return of the Baz-ettes
Tortworth
Senior squad member

CMGC 09 Jan 2019 16:22 pm said..

Very hard pulling whilst holding a sousaphone
CMGC

SonofPricey 09 Jan 2019 16:47 pm said..

Nothing like a good original chant to get the crowd going imho. I see Newcastle Utd fans were singing to the Sunderland supporters last night "We saw you crying on Netflix, crying on Netflix!"
SonofPricey
Vice-Captain

Wotton Lard & Co 09 Jan 2019 17:09 pm said..

Didn't we have the Northampton Team crying in the Kingsholm changing rooms in 95 when the rendition of "Oh when the Saints go marching down" was being performed by the Shed on their relegation.
Wotton Lard & Co
On a trial
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby