RC Toulon - Stade Mayal

RC Toulon - Stade Mayal

Nuts 09 Jan 2019 22:06 pm said..

Off to Stade Mayal with mates and looking to buy tickets. I'm guessing people here might have good knowledge of the stadium. Tickets start from Eur 10 up to Eur 55.

Can anyone recommend a particular section of the ground - prefer something Shed like for a bit of interaction with the locals and a few bieres?
Nuts
Vice-Captain

Re: RC Toulon - Stade Mayal

The Shuthonger One 09 Jan 2019 22:21 pm said..

Been there twice, first time in 1998 sat in Tribune Lanfontan which was open then but looking now is covered. Also been in other main stand (Bonnus) which is bigger. I thought Lanfontan was better to be with fans. Both ends are open. Great city to go to.
The Shuthonger One
Vice-Captain

Not1eyed 09 Jan 2019 22:37 pm said..

Fantastic town and great stadium. Would go back in a flash. Anywhere in the main stand is great. You’ll love it. Enjoy
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Nuts 10 Jan 2019 08:25 am said..

Thank you both - much appreciated
Nuts
Vice-Captain

Old Rik 10 Jan 2019 10:01 am said..

Whilst we are on the subject of recommendations. I’m off to Castres next week. Anybody know where I could get a great cassoulet?
Old Rik
Vice-Captain

andye 10 Jan 2019 10:31 am said..

Had an awful cassoulet at Toulouse airport a few years ago !
andye
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Jan 2019 10:44 am said..

Old Rik wrote:Whilst we are on the subject of recommendations. I’m off to Castres next week. Anybody know where I could get a great cassoulet?

Strange old world, I had a similar thought when I booked ....Le Medieval looked good but am getting my fix in Carcassonne the night before http://www.maisonducassoulet.com/carcassonne/
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Ken Burney 10 Jan 2019 10:53 am said..

There is also a good Maison du Cassoulet in Toulouse for those of us who are spending time there.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

SwindonGlos 10 Jan 2019 12:33 pm said..

In Toulouse a couple of years back and on the advice of a few locals went to "La Cave du Cassoulet".
Best I've ever eaten and really interesting place.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same.
SwindonGlos
Vice-Captain

Old Rik 10 Jan 2019 15:17 pm said..

Thanks guys will hit the tinternet later. If you see someone who can barely walk due to over dosing on cassoulet next week come and say hi! And help.
Old Rik
Vice-Captain

Return to Gloucester Rugby