Munster OGT

Re: Munster OGT

Forrester 12 Jan 2019 09:30 am said..

steckers wrote:I'm in favour of keeping relegation - but whilst that is the situation, the English teams will suffer in the European competition when they come across top sides.

It doesn’t bode well for the 6 nations either.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

shedwebber 12 Jan 2019 09:32 am said..

Positives.... Fantastic atmosphere and good effort from most of the squad also, great exposure of European rugby from a well drilled, experienced and well-rested team. Ireland have a fantastic team and the whole region set-up and game management of individual players certainly helps with player welfare.

Negatives... The smaller the squad gets, the more pressure on the remaining players when inevitable injuries pile up. This is further compounded if some of the squad suffer frequent and prolonged absences. I hope this is factored in when contracts are negotiated as VRR for instance is great when fit but his injury record means that we would surely be better off signing someone more resilient/ robust so we can rotate effectively. Tom Marshall is excellent but how often is he actually available? It will be interesting to see the few remaining signings that we make so that we have a squad that can compete at this level when we hopefully secure a Top 6 finish this season.

Confirmed after recent games and last night's short cameo, please don't play Williams at 10! He works well with Cipriani at 10 and we were unfortunate to lose Burns this year but either move Twelvetrees over or give Lloyd Evans a go in the Premiership. We have certainly been bringing Knight and Seville experience from off the bench as Academy players because of player availability.

Why do we so rarely use the re-starts as an attacking platform and chase the kick? Totally baffling but maybe some statistical reason.....?
Last edited by shedwebber on 12 Jan 2019 09:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Hero in the making

LowerO 12 Jan 2019 09:33 am said..

I would pay good money to put GB83 in the changing room at next week’s training session. Who’s in? :D
LowerO
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 12 Jan 2019 09:33 am said..

DieTrying

Gb83 12 Jan 2019 09:34 am said..

LowerO wrote:I would pay good money to put GB83 in the changing room at next week’s training session. Who’s in? :D

That would be wonderful
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 12 Jan 2019 09:40 am said..

Gb83 wrote:
LowerO wrote:I would pay good money to put GB83 in the changing room at next week’s training session. Who’s in? :D

That would be wonderful

Go for it - a once in a lifetime experience for sure.
Clive's Pants
On the board

Gb83 12 Jan 2019 09:43 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:
Gb83 wrote:

That would be wonderful

Go for it - a once in a lifetime experience for sure.

I’m quite sure Ackermann can see the glaringly obvious.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

TheOptimistSenior 12 Jan 2019 09:58 am said..

Gb83 wrote:I’m quite sure Ackermann can see the glaringly obvious.

Which is why he is the coach and you're not.
Give it a rest Gb83, you've made your point (unpleasantly).
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

Mr GTS 12 Jan 2019 10:14 am said..

FWIW here are my thoughts ....

Did the players give it their all? Yes

Were there numerous errors? Yes, but IMHO they did not lose us the game. Sometimes you just have to take your hat off and acknowledge an awesome performance from the opposition. Munster have been playing at this level for years and know exactly what to do in Europe.

There were positives for me, and I still think the future is bright for our team and club!

In key positions the difference in class showed, a 20 year old hooker making his Euro debut vs an Irish international. A 2nd/3rd choice club scrum half vs. an international 9, Grand slam winner and British and Irish Lion.

After a number of years in the Challenge Cup we all wanted to have these big European games and nights back at Kingsholm, and we will hopefully have them again next season when we will be better for the experience of this season.

For me the future is still bright. This team will come good, and it will be because of experiences like last night.

We wanted big nights like this back at Kingsholm and we had them!
Mr GTS
First team regular

Wilkosam 12 Jan 2019 10:26 am said..

Men against boys in terms of composure. They didn't buckle under the pressure and we certainly did. They beat us up good and proper in the pack. How can a lineout with Mostert, Slater and Grobler be so dysfunctional?
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby