Munster OGT

Re: Munster OGT

Sue D'Nimes 12 Jan 2019 19:22 pm said..

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
We are lucky to be out of Europe so we can focus on a decent run in the prem. It is going to get harder before it gets better. We do not currently have the resources to fight the battle on two fronts but it is a journey and I for one am enjoying it.
TEAMWORK RESPECT ENJOYMENT DISCIPLINE SPORTSMANSHIP
Sue D'Nimes
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 12 Jan 2019 20:25 pm said..

Indeed, when you look at how Exter gave struggled to turn domestic dominance, Sarries aside, into success on the continent you do have to wonder what people thought a side whose finishing positions in the last 4 years were 9th, 9th, 9th and 7th respectively were realistically expecting to achieve!

Maybe 3 Challenge Cup finals in 4 years spoilt us a bit. We can take the away win at Exeter as a feather in our cap and something to build on for the future.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Asgard 12 Jan 2019 21:24 pm said..

And what about the Exeter home defeat?
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 12 Jan 2019 22:11 pm said..

Losing to the better team as you'd probably expect to happen.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

madders 13 Jan 2019 06:00 am said..

Since the home defeat to Exeter the team seems to have lost their mojo, quite why that is who knows.
I’m just thankful that we have a few meaningless games for JA to turn things around, get players back from injury and get back to winning ways in the Premiership. We have a good squad and feel confident that they will come back good.
madders
Hall of Famer

Forrester 13 Jan 2019 07:23 am said..

madders wrote:Since the home defeat to Exeter the team seems to have lost their mojo, quite why that is who knows.

I think the main reason is they’re absolutely knackered.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Stroud Wizard 13 Jan 2019 09:31 am said..

I have heard Ackerman saying that rugby is only a game. On the contrary it is a livelihood and well paid players have the responsibility of rewarding supporters. Munster players didn't look as if it was just a game. As for Cipriani can we please stop pretending that everything he does is out of the ordinary and if performed by other players would hardly get a mention. He can be bumped off tackles, he does not always make good use of chip kicks and lacks power to make breaks against well organised defences. Whist such weaknesses are completely outweighed by his other qualities can we stop gasping in admiration every time he does something fairly ordinary.
Stroud Wizard
Vice-Captain

LowerO 13 Jan 2019 10:09 am said..

JA’s “only a game” is absolutely right and is in relation to much bigger things like health, family, respect and love. He is a family man with a strong faith. I suggest that you confuse his words to think he doesn’t believe in the need to win and how important it is to him, his family, the club and the supporters... he does.
LowerO
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 13 Jan 2019 12:22 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:I have heard Ackerman saying that rugby is only a game. On the contrary it is a livelihood and well paid players have the responsibility of rewarding supporters. Munster players didn't look as if it was just a game. As for Cipriani can we please stop pretending that everything he does is out of the ordinary and if performed by other players would hardly get a mention. He can be bumped off tackles, he does not always make good use of chip kicks and lacks power to make breaks against well organised defences. Whist such weaknesses are completely outweighed by his other qualities can we stop gasping in admiration every time he does something fairly ordinary.

Interesting post SW and I agree, no professional sport is 'only a game'

What do you mean with the supporters should be rewarded? Consistent success, an entertaining style, or both?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

smirnoff 13 Jan 2019 14:19 pm said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:“ I have been trying to work out the Gloucester coaching plan and I cant’t discern one. The Munster one is obvious”.

Fair point about Friday. So, what is our coaching plan? What is our signature style of play (freestyle?) or are we still in development towards something......?
smirnoff
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby