Team for Castres

Re: Team for Castres

Baz 12 Jan 2019 11:03 am said..

It would be stupid to play Hohneck and Balmain next week. One of them will be player of the season already? Yes, we’ll paid but these two have gone way beyond the call of duty.
I feel sad for the thousand or so going but I’m sure that rugby isn’t the only incentive? Ackermann has already said he’ll rotate but we may also have a couple of first teamers back from injury,so the side will still be competitive.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Legendoft'Autostrada 12 Jan 2019 11:09 am said..

Balmain and Hohneck should be joint players of the season - and both should be rested next week.

I say that as someone who is going to France next weekend. I won't feel let down if there's a sensible, pragmatic selection ahead of much more important matches. The longer-term interests outweigh my personal enjoyment etc as a supporter.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

ryno_chelt 12 Jan 2019 11:13 am said..

Lots of comments around who they wouldn’t play. So whose in?

For me Williams, Hudson, Evans, Banahan, Trinder, Knight, Grobler all need to start
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Number10 12 Jan 2019 11:34 am said..

ryno_chelt wrote:Lots of comments around who they wouldn’t play. So whose in?

For me Williams, Hudson, Evans, Banahan, Trinder, Knight, Grobler all need to start

Agree. Plus vellacott if fit. Hudson probably needs to play again for confidence and I wouldn't risk Woodward even if fit as we need him for the league games. Walker could do with another start as well. Ludlow to play.
Number10
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 12 Jan 2019 11:54 am said..

Given that we can only pick players in the registered squad, do we have any choice but to have Hohneck and Balmain in the 23?

Ideally, they'd both be rested, although are any of the other registered props apart from Seville and Knight fit?
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

madders 12 Jan 2019 12:12 pm said..

A dead rubber, and the following cup games should give us a chance to get players back, rest some and get back on track for the Premiership.
This break couldn’t come sooner.
madders
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 12 Jan 2019 14:15 pm said..

Just a thought - it could be wide of the mark.
Cipriani has missed a few matches through injury and his ban and may be fresher. Why not give him a start to give some support and guidance to some of the younger players? Perhaps give him the arm band?
Just a thought.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 12 Jan 2019 14:37 pm said..

I'd like to see the Cipriani & Williams 10/ 12 partnership again.
DieTrying

Nobbler23 12 Jan 2019 15:51 pm said..

Balmain and Hohneck should be joint players of the season - and both should be rested next week.
I agree I think they both deserve medals and VCs at that.
Their work rate and commitment to the cause have been exemplary, as Stephen Jones once said of a Gloucester team, "like a bunch of stray dogs from the Gloucester housing estates", praise indeed!!
Nobbler23
Senior squad member

gloskarlos 12 Jan 2019 16:10 pm said..

Balmain was my Glos MotM yesterday.

You could see how knackered he was walking off as he was subbed. 100% effort.
gloskarlos
On a trial
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby