Freddie Burns

Re: Freddie Burns

Chalker 01 Feb 2019 23:25 pm said..

Asgard wrote:I'd have him back in a shot.

Asgard, we don't need a GR Burns No 22, do we? He is not going to oust Cipriani and he would be too expensive as a bench warmer even if selected.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Chewbacca 01 Feb 2019 23:52 pm said..

Well I think he is a great player, I would welcome him back to Glos and think under the right management he could push Cips for the 10 jersey.

He had his greatest acheivements whilst at Gloucester and played excellent rugby. I don’t think he has settled anywhere since but with Ackermann to push and guide him I think he could finally live up to his full potential. Ackermann has imprived a lot of our players who I had prevously written off.

Running round in the snow? Who cares? He hasn’t hurt anyone. Ok his personality is showy and a bit cocky at times, but I think he is quite likeable and he is a 10 after all.
Chewbacca
Senior squad member

kentishglaws 02 Feb 2019 00:51 am said..

Really struggling to see where people can find a problem with that video? He’s just having a laugh, hardly exercising his “ego”.

Great player and from what I understand, a top bloke too.
kentishglaws
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 02 Feb 2019 09:48 am said..

kentishglaws wrote:Really struggling to see where people can find a problem with that video? He’s just having a laugh, hardly exercising his “ego”.

+1 top bloke
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

covglaws 02 Feb 2019 12:22 pm said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:
kentishglaws wrote:Really struggling to see where people can find a problem with that video? He’s just having a laugh, hardly exercising his “ego”.

+1 top bloke

Ditto. Anyone would think he was breakfasting on soft boiled babies or something.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1577  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

TheOptimistSenior 02 Feb 2019 12:25 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
Peanutcoxy wrote:

+1 top bloke

Ditto. Anyone would think he was breakfasting on soft boiled babies or something.

+1
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 02 Feb 2019 13:35 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
Peanutcoxy wrote:

+1 top bloke

He's not from Llanelli.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Senor Cerebro 04 Feb 2019 19:03 pm said..

Maybe he could have cleared the wreck pitch...
Senor Cerebro
Academy prospect

Welly 04 Feb 2019 20:02 pm said..

Burns really doesn't have a ego.
and if he does it's certainly less than Cips (Mr Golden hands himself) but that doesn't fit the narrative some Glous fans have of him.

Burns has a outgoing personality, like a lot of rugby players (A lot of rugby players are also introverted).
28 might seem old for a Rugby player but honestly it's still considered a young lad in every other aspect.

One of the nicest guys at Tigers and had a great final season only to be screwed about by the Tigers higher ups.
Welly
Hall of Famer

lucifer 04 Feb 2019 20:08 pm said..

I think the vast majority on here agree with you Welly, there’s only a small minority who’ve got an axe to grind.
lucifer
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby