Aaron Hinkley

Aaron Hinkley

RTS2 09 Feb 2019 13:28 pm said..

Looks class act today . He’s everywhere in the loose and breakdown . He has what Jake Polledri has plus .....

I’d get him more involved on match day squads asap . One for now as well as the future . I’d like to see him at 7 and Polledri at 6 at some time .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Aaron Hinkley

Phil W 09 Feb 2019 13:35 pm said..

This is the problem with the under 20s players across all clubs getting them game time in meaningful games. Could we loan Hinkley to Hartpury he could learn a fair bit in a back row with Q!
Phil W
Vice-Captain

ladypochita 09 Feb 2019 13:36 pm said..

He is playing so well today definitely my MOM
ladypochita
Hero in the making

steckers 09 Feb 2019 13:49 pm said..

Looked very good in some of the cup games earlier in the season.
steckers
Hall of Famer

RTS2 09 Feb 2019 13:53 pm said..

Just announced as MOTM

Well done Aaron . Well deserved

Awesome performance !!
RTS2
Hall of Famer

ladypochita 09 Feb 2019 13:55 pm said..

he got England fans man of the match too!
ladypochita
Hero in the making

RTS2 10 Feb 2019 10:11 am said..

Watched that match again today. Wanted to look at it more closely and his performance within the context of the other talent that is emerging in that age group. Commonsense might suggest he is ranked at No.1 at Openside right now in England in his age -group. I am in no position to say this; but looking at that performance again he's a rare talent in his position as he combines the jackal and the carrier traits that the game often lack now at 7; and he can tackle !!....

It's always interesting to see how players who sometimes stand out in this age-group develop at Senior -level. Aaron showed immense maturity yesterday at Openside . OK he was working off what was overall, a solid platform ; but even when the French got back into the game towards the end ; after a number of late changes his work rate continued in defence , and he looked a seasoned player compared to many of the England players around him of the same age.

There is definitely an energy there which Akkers needs to harness...…
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby