E vF

Re: E vF

Still Realistic 10 Feb 2019 17:51 pm said..

I know many on here don't like him but EJ's post match interview was priceless. Happy with the second half but not so impressed with the first!!! Wal v Eng should be a cracker
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 10 Feb 2019 17:56 pm said..

I'm afraid Owens is a shadow of the ref' he used to be. Time to hang up his whistle IMO
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

CMGC 10 Feb 2019 18:15 pm said..

Plenty of room for improvement but when you get a lead as big as that it must be hard to keep a tight focus. the kicking was done due to the space being there. If defences rush up and close out the edges then the obvious tactic is to kick through .. especially whrn you have the wide out gas Eng do. Had France held defenders back to cover it then Eng would have played the ball through the hands. Correct way to play in the circumstances.
As we predicted the Wales game is going to be a humdinger !!!!
CMGC

stuartjames 10 Feb 2019 18:25 pm said..

The Farrell try was fine. The French player was equally trying to stop Johnny May.

That's not the point, Johnny May was offside from the kick an therefore shouldn't have played the ball/player etc
stuartjames
On the board

SonofPricey 10 Feb 2019 18:49 pm said..

May wasn’t offside at the kick.
SonofPricey
Vice-Captain

CMGC 10 Feb 2019 19:21 pm said..

Quite so. The post match review looked at it and he was in line.
CMGC

Not1eyed 10 Feb 2019 19:48 pm said..

Just seen the sinkler issue and anyone suggesting red card, are you serious? Penalty is fine for that. Personally think Owens having a good game. Penalty try absolutely correct
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 10 Feb 2019 19:49 pm said..

May is definitely not offside
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 10 Feb 2019 20:16 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:Just seen the sinkler issue and anyone suggesting red card, are you serious? Penalty is fine for that. Personally think Owens having a good game. Penalty try absolutely correct

How? Ashton had fluffed the kick and over ran the ball. He would needed to have stopped and gone backwards to re gather it, plus, there was another French defender covering. Absolutely no guarantee of scoring. Wrong decision. Penalty and a yellow.

Agree with the Sinckler call. Penalty only, although why Nige thinks he needs to lecture players on the 'valyews' of the game is beyond me.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 10 Feb 2019 20:36 pm said..

FT I’m afraid that no guarantee of a score is required only a probability, the ref called it how he saw it exercising probably the most important law in the game namely that the referee is sole judge of fact and law.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby