E vF

Re: E vF

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Feb 2019 20:40 pm said..

My couple of observations
-why the continuous knocking of the referee? All of his decisions were in conjunction with the other officials...blame them all not just Nigel, and btw I thought he had a good game.
-England played pretty well but they were never put under serious pressure
-the French should either treat the 6N seriously in a RWC year or don't bother ...another shambolic team performance
-lets see how good England/Wales really are in a couple of weeks....but inevitably it will be the referee';s fault if England win, based on the previous Celtic postings on the topic.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

CMGC 10 Feb 2019 20:57 pm said..

It does remain a serious mystery why the French authorities put up with such shambolic teams. It must start with the coaching and selection and I assume only Gallic pride prevents them from signing an overseas coach. However there are some good ones in France so why not pick them?? As many have saod there are some great players in France but the national team seems to evoke chaos and lack of any sort of plan. Watching the grim faces of the coaching staff in the stand reminded me of the politburo on the Kremlin.
CMGC

Geoffy 10 Feb 2019 21:05 pm said..

Nigel didn't need to call the penalty try so quickly - it was a clear yellow card, but probably only a penalty.
I thought he handled the Sinckler incident well enough, but not as well as Farrell did (the latter having his best game for England).
It's going to be some game in Cardiff - hope Mako is fit.
Geoffy
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 10 Feb 2019 21:11 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:My couple of observations
-why the continuous knocking of the referee? All of his decisions were in conjunction with the other officials...blame them all not just Nigel, and btw I thought he had a good game.
-England played pretty well but they were never put under serious pressure
-the French should either treat the 6N seriously in a RWC year or don't bother ...another shambolic team performance
-lets see how good England/Wales really are in a couple of weeks....but inevitably it will be the referee';s fault if England win, based on the previous Celtic postings on the topic.

No idea how you drew that conclusion. I've praised England's performance and highlighted what I see as mistakes made by Owens whilst being clear, as anyone with half a brain could work out, that they had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game.

For what it's worth, I think Wales are going to struggle if England continue to play as they have. We'll defend the kicking game better, both France and Ireland played into their hands by not having proper full backs. England have a way better carrying game, and that's where we'll have problems, plus our lineout has been poor, and that's going to be targeted.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 10 Feb 2019 21:19 pm said..

For me it’s a matter of the front 5 in 2 weeks. Starting front 5’s are very equal but England 2nd front 5 off the bench are better in my opinion
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Sue D'Nimes 10 Feb 2019 21:29 pm said..

May was sublime in the air in Dublin, less so today, probably knackered from all those tries he had to run in. If he can take control of the ball from the kick off in Cardiff as he did in Dublin, England will have a massive advantage. I thought Ford was underwhelming today and it was churlish of Eddie to leave Robson on the bench for so long.
TEAMWORK RESPECT ENJOYMENT DISCIPLINE SPORTSMANSHIP
Sue D'Nimes
Senior squad member

Fat Taff 10 Feb 2019 21:55 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:For me it’s a matter of the front 5 in 2 weeks. Starting front 5’s are very equal but England 2nd front 5 off the bench are better in my opinion

If you were picking a front five from the two sides the only Welsh player would be Alun-Wyn.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 10 Feb 2019 22:09 pm said..

He’s only welsh player I’d consider and given what a player he is and has been for 12 years or more I’m still not sure I would pick him. That’s a measure how good England are in front 5 at mo
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Asgard 10 Feb 2019 22:10 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:Couple of poor decisions by Owens in the second half. Ashton was no way certain to score that try. He'd already over run it and he's got hands like cows tits, and then May held back the French player for Farrell's try.

Certainty has nothing to do with it - it's "probability" that counts. Nor has a players skill level got anything to do with the deliberation of a penalty try.
As regards JM neither the TMO or NO thought he did anything wrong, so ......
Asgard
Hall of Famer

CMGC 10 Feb 2019 22:38 pm said..

I can sort of see why Gats changed the side v Italy but it does mean most of the Welsh 15 haven't played much in the last month. Ok they will be well rested but less match hardened than Eng. The game will tell us a fair bit about how good these two teams are. Given the manner of the two Welsh games so far, it is very difficult to know how good the Welsh team actually is at the moment.
CMGC
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby