Team for Chiefs

Team for Chiefs

Big Red 11 Feb 2019 11:32 am said..

Right then, back to proper rugby! Huge four weeks for our season coming up and a tough assignment to start. Combination of what you want/expect to see lining up for us on Friday to get the buzz going...

Woodward
Marshall
Twelvetrees
Atkinson
Thorley
Cipriani
Heinz
Hohneck
Hanson
Balmain
Slater
Mostert
Clarke
Kriel
Morgan

Reps: Marais, McAllister, Knight, Grobler, Ackermann, Braley, Williams, Sharples

Based on probable availability, but some tough calls now if they are fit. Harsh on Ludlow, Savage and Trinder. Ruthlessness needed in selection as we need Ackermann's carrying if he's fit again and for me Clarke is in better form than Ludlow. I think Grobler (wouldn't mind him starting over Mostert) and Williams/Sharples are better options off the bench than Savage or Trinder at present.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Re: Team for Chiefs

ShedOrDead 11 Feb 2019 11:46 am said..

Just the four weeks? So the game against Pests doesn't count...? :?

Can't argue too much with that team, especially the XV although would def swap Sharples and Marshall. I might put Denman on the bench, but Knight has looked the part in every appearance in the Senior team. Also might swap Clark for Ruan, but the latter is just back from injury, so...
ShedOrDead
Hero in the making

foresterinyorks 11 Feb 2019 12:31 pm said..

Was there not a hint that Mr Polledri might be back? I may be wrong. If so, why not include him in the back row perhaps or on the bench?
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Peter 11 Feb 2019 12:32 pm said..

I would have one of Trinder or OW instead of Atkinson (and the other on the bench).
Peter
Hero in the making

Big Red 11 Feb 2019 12:52 pm said..

ShedOrDead wrote:Just the four weeks? So the game against Pests doesn't count...? :?

Big game too, but that's after this block of four (rest week for Prem Cup final on 16/03). Think Polledri likely to be back in contention for Bristol.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Legendoft'Autostrada 11 Feb 2019 12:53 pm said..

Don't think McAllister will be involved; reported on crutches last week!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

steckers 11 Feb 2019 12:54 pm said..

Hopefully we will see some significant numbers of returning players. Grobbler must start.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 11 Feb 2019 13:01 pm said..

Ludlow at 7 for me otherwise agree with that team
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

NHazard13 11 Feb 2019 13:05 pm said..

Hohneck
Hanson
Balmain
Slater
Grobler
Mostert
Kriel
Morgan

Heinz
Cips
Thorley
12Trees
Marshall
Sharples
Woodward

Reps - Marais, Denman, Knight, Savage, Ackermann, Braley, Williams, Purdy
NHazard13
First team regular

Sozpr 11 Feb 2019 13:33 pm said..

Have the England players been released back to their clubs? Can we expect to see many lining up against us this weekend?
Sozpr
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby