Team for Chiefs

Re: Team for Chiefs

Legendoft'Autostrada 12 Feb 2019 12:13 pm said..

Mostert pictured in training at Kingsholm along with Kriel, Hanson and Heinz among others, on Twitter yesterday and today!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Not1eyed 12 Feb 2019 12:40 pm said..

For me shirt has to earned and as it stands Ludlow has earned the 7 shirt. I haven’t seen enough from Kriel in a Gloucester shirt yet to warrant his selection over Ludlow
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

James J 12 Feb 2019 14:01 pm said..

grunter wrote:From continued postings on Instagram by Mostert from Paris, I presume that he will not be involved on Friday night?

The final post of his was on Saturday where he mentioned having a weekend off, and as LotA said, he was back in training at Kingsholm yesterday.
James J
Vice-Captain

James J 12 Feb 2019 14:05 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:For me shirt has to earned and as it stands Ludlow has earned the 7 shirt. I haven’t seen enough from Kriel in a Gloucester shirt yet to warrant his selection over Ludlow

For me, Kriel has looked class since his first appearance when you'd have been pushed hard to believe he'd been out for such a long time with injury. Conversely, Ludlow hasn't looked the same player since he came back from his layoff. Kriel starts in my book.
James J
Vice-Captain

Chalker 12 Feb 2019 14:24 pm said..

James J wrote:
Not1eyed wrote:For me shirt has to earned and as it stands Ludlow has earned the 7 shirt. I haven’t seen enough from Kriel in a Gloucester shirt yet to warrant his selection over Ludlow

For me, Kriel has looked class since his first appearance when you'd have been pushed hard to believe he'd been out for such a long time with injury. Conversely, Ludlow hasn't looked the same player since he came back from his layoff. Kriel starts in my book.

I prefer Ludlow at blindside.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Glawsterkaapie 12 Feb 2019 15:04 pm said..

an inform Luds picks himself as he epitomises everything that we love in Glaws....

feel as though he's at 90% of his fanntastic form from last season thus far.....hoping the couple of weeks and taking the youngsters under his wing last week will have him back at 100% firing-on-all-cylinders this week.

For me, returnees from injury Jaco and Akkers jnr should start from the bench with Morgs, Freddie and Luds starting and doing the hard yards f0r 50-55 minutes
Glawsterkaapie
Senior squad member

Forrester 12 Feb 2019 17:58 pm said..

Morgan, Kriel, Ackerman for me. We need Ruan’s stopping power against Chiefs and Kriel to compete at the breakdown. Ludlow to the bench in front of a very unlucky Freddie Clark.
The other interesting one for me is 2nd row. Grobler has been immense and I would start him alongside Mostert with Slater to bring some impact in the 2nd half.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Celtic 12 Feb 2019 19:24 pm said..

Kriel is broken, as I have said before. He doesn’t train every other day in order to eke out his rugby. He is however Ackerman seniors golden boy and will start over Luds whenever fit to do so. Kriel is no more of a line out option than Morg’s or Ruan, so Freddie to start with Morgs and Kriel. Ruan on the bench.
Celtic
First team regular

Gb83 12 Feb 2019 19:57 pm said..

Celtic wrote:Kriel is broken, as I have said before. He doesn’t train every other day in order to eke out his rugby. He is however Ackerman seniors golden boy and will start over Luds whenever fit to do so. Kriel is no more of a line out option than Morg’s or Ruan, so Freddie to start with Morgs and Kriel. Ruan on the bench.

Kriel is world class and if he has to be managed through training that’s the right thing to do. He offers so much more than Ludlow, if fit he has to start Friday, along with Morgan and Ackermann.

Ludlow works very hard but doesn’t have a very rounded game compared to the other options.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 12 Feb 2019 20:23 pm said..

GB83 I would agree that Kriel was world class before his injury problems. All I’m interested in is what has a player done to earn the Gloucester shirt. At present, for me, Ludlow is ahead of Kriel. Your issues with Ludlow are well documented on this forum.
This doesn’t mean I don’t think Kriel is top drawer. If he rediscovers his form before injury then he’s definitely world class and a certain starter
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby