Callum Braley, Italy scrum half

Re: Callum Braley, Italy scrum half

foresterinyorks 12 Feb 2019 14:52 pm said..

Good luck Callum!
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Longshanks 12 Feb 2019 14:53 pm said..

kingsholmmick wrote:I thought he was england u20 captain a while back ? So is he Italian or English ? Answers on a postcard ....

As was Moriarty
Longshanks
Senior squad member

Glawsterkaapie 12 Feb 2019 14:59 pm said..

Good luck Callum.....

similar qualifications as Ian Smith and Pete Jones for Scotland back in the day : have no problem whatsoever and if he returns to Glaws with an enhanced skillset as a result of his exposure at that higher level, then all the better for player and Club....
Glawsterkaapie
Senior squad member

Peanutcoxy 12 Feb 2019 14:59 pm said..

Many congrats Callum
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 12 Feb 2019 15:07 pm said..

kingsholmmick wrote:I thought he was england u20 captain a while back ? So is he Italian or English ? Answers on a postcard ....

English but qualifies to play rugby for Italy.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Sue D'Nimes 12 Feb 2019 15:26 pm said..

Congratulations, great news Italy seem to be heading in the right direction and Braley could be part of that renaissance.
As for nationality, I think he has more Italian roots than others playing on a residency card. More Big Jim "England til I die" Hamilton than Nathan Hughes
TEAMWORK RESPECT ENJOYMENT DISCIPLINE SPORTSMANSHIP
Sue D'Nimes
Senior squad member

ryno_chelt 12 Feb 2019 15:34 pm said..

Good or bad for Glaws?

Excellent experience which will make him a better player.

Soon to be non EPQ not ideal and might shape our squad selections.

Potentially unavailable more weekends

More opportunity for CC next seasons

All things considered I think it’s good news all round.
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Camel 12 Feb 2019 15:44 pm said..

I must admit I’m scratching my head at this one from an Italy perspective. He’s way off International standard IMO.

The consequence for the club is that he’s just signed a contract as an EQP. If he gets capped, then this will no-longer be the case and impacts on our credits.

I don’t begrudge him the opportunity and I’m delighted he’s got the chance. But it’s a pain as far as the club are concerned.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 12 Feb 2019 16:01 pm said..

I confess I thought that this was a wind-up and had to go straight to the source to confirm for myself. Still made me chuckle, but hell, this is the Brave New Rugby World and all we can hope is that he makes a success of it showing Glaws in the best possible light.

The best of luck Cal, just don't go beating England... Although a brilliant individual try at HQ in a few weeks - albeit in a loosing cause - would have a beautiful poetry.
ShedOrDead
On the board

gmorgan131285 12 Feb 2019 16:55 pm said..

Camel wrote:I must admit I’m scratching my head at this one from an Italy perspective. He’s way off International standard IMO.

So are Italy if you think about it and they don't exactly have the deepest player pool so good luck to him, Ireland next up in Rome! Means we could be short of Scrum Half vs Saracens.
gmorgan131285
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby