Israel Folau sacked by Rugby Australia

Re: Israel Folau sacked by Rugby Australia

MartynWestBerks 16 Apr 2019 12:43 pm said..

The RFU are a joke... Consistency doesn't exist in their vocabulary!
Double standards across the disiplinary process, they don't even try to be consistent.
BV who breaches the RFU codes and Moral Highground of inclusiveness is handed a telling off.
Danny Ciprianni for a club off the field incident dealt with by the Law Courts and his club is hauled in front of a disciplinary hearing, handed out further sanctions for bringing Rugby into disrepute... and barred from playing for England!
You can tell it's a Rugby World Cup Year!
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

Not1eyed 16 Apr 2019 12:57 pm said..

Don’t think Danny Cipriani was ever barred from playing for England
Last edited by Not1eyed on 16 Apr 2019 13:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 16 Apr 2019 13:05 pm said..

What a peculiar post!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 16 Apr 2019 13:07 pm said..

Which post are you referring to GS?
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 16 Apr 2019 14:12 pm said..

Not yours!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

MartynWestBerks 16 Apr 2019 14:33 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:What a peculiar post!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... g_share_em
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 16 Apr 2019 15:05 pm said..

I don't think the DT article makes your post any less peculiar. BTW, Cipriani, not Ciprianni!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

The Vic 17 Apr 2019 11:50 am said..

I was going to post some blogs from Christians that I thought were really insightful on this. I don't think I will as it will offend those who don't want to engage meaningfully with it, I'm sure you can find it on twitter if you look hard enough. I think the reality is, that if you are a person of faith that holds to orthodox beliefs then you may well just have to accept that you are not welcome in rugby anymore, rather than seek to co-exist in peace. I think people of faith who play sport, will only be able to contribute to the playing side of sport and little else. They will need to find community elsewhere
The Vic
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Apr 2019 12:17 pm said..

Not sure I agree...but it's written in a way that you don't expect people to. The core values of rugby are
Teamwork.
Respect.
Enjoyment.
Discipline.
Sportsmanship
..and one of those seems to be missing from some slightly stronger religious sections of the sporting community.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Sheddy Mcshedface 17 Apr 2019 12:19 pm said..

The Vic wrote:I was going to post some blogs from Christians that I thought were really insightful on this. I don't think I will as it will offend those who don't want to engage meaningfully with it, I'm sure you can find it on twitter if you look hard enough. I think the reality is, that if you are a person of faith that holds to orthodox beliefs then you may well just have to accept that you are not welcome in rugby anymore, rather than seek to co-exist in peace. I think people of faith who play sport, will only be able to contribute to the playing side of sport and little else. They will need to find community elsewhere

Sorry, not true. People of all faiths can play sport and hold whatever views they want (in fact I would suggest there are many in the game who do hold similar views to Folau). It is only when they start expressing those views in a manner that is disrespectful to groups in society as well as being potential harmful that there is going to be issues.

Once more to make it clear Folau is not being punished for the views he holds rather the manner in which he chooses to express them.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby