Israel Folau sacked by Rugby Australia

Re: Israel Folau sacked by Rugby Australia

NorthernShedHead 21 Jun 2019 17:18 pm said..

Excuse my ignorance... If "employed"/under contract by the ARU
would they have to pay him if he wasn't selected? Could they then defer any potential legal fees to charities/support groups for those Folau has such an issue with?
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

Porky 22 Jun 2019 07:14 am said..

The more I look at the Folau case, the more convinced I am that he knew precisely what he was doing when he breached his contract terms AGAIN. It is also obvious that he always intended to make himself and his freedoms of religion and expression a huge "cause célèbre". Nothing about this is accidental.

The freedoms he is trumpeting also carry a responsibility which he has signally (and deliberately) failed to exercise. He presents, therefore, as a scheming and repugnant person who just happens to be a wonderful rugby player.

It is also very possible that he is being used by darker forces, i.e. not all his own doing, in which case he is, at best, a naïve fool.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

madders 22 Jun 2019 07:28 am said..

It is also possible that he firmly believes in his religion and what is written in the Bible and that the liberalism and active promotion of homosexuality is wrong in his opinion.
Did you ever think that?
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 22 Jun 2019 07:32 am said..

Religious views aside, the blokes a bleep
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Lurker 22 Jun 2019 09:18 am said..

I think the whole thing has turned unsavoury. Whatever his beliefs I do not think he has acted, or is currently acting with the crowd funding, in a way that is supported by his own moral standards. Whatever the outcome, people will remember him for being a (bigoted) moral crusader or a greedy fundamentalist but most will forget what a good rugby player he was. All very sad for the rugby world.
Lurker
Hall of Famer

James J 22 Jun 2019 09:35 am said..

madders wrote:It is also possible that he firmly believes in his religion and what is written in the Bible and that the liberalism and active promotion of homosexuality is wrong in his opinion.
Did you ever think that?

Nope.
James J
Vice-Captain

madders 22 Jun 2019 10:03 am said..

Well here’s a chance to open up your mind to the fact that some people have their own views, and that is their right; whether or not you agree is irrelevant......get over it.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 22 Jun 2019 10:39 am said..

madders wrote:Well here’s a chance to open up your mind to the fact that some people have their own views, and that is their right; whether or not you agree is irrelevant......get over it.

Madders what he is preaching is bull, like many of his ilk religious wise.
Don't believe me? Here's a lesson: he quotes aving sex with a man “as one does with a woman” (Leviticus 18:22),
Yet we've seen him wear a rugby kit which breaks Mixing fabrics in clothing (Leviticus 19:19), we've also seen he has tattoos which is forbidden in Leviticus 19:28, he has a nice hair cut too... wait you're not allowed to Cut your hair at the sides (Leviticus 19:27), he said he'd stick to his contract obligations breaking Leviticus 19:11: Lying and Carelessly making an oath (5:4).
Does he make sure to include salt in offerings to God (2:13)? Probably not or not to tear his clothes (10:6)?

He's a d***.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Steve M 22 Jun 2019 11:09 am said..

MrGlawsRocker wrote:He's a d***.

'nuff said
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

steckers 22 Jun 2019 12:08 pm said..

I'm not interested in re-opening the debate about Folau - its' been covered and I had my say.

But just to say - MrGlawsRocker your comments are inaccurate and don't reflect Christian doctrine. This isn't really that pertinent to the Folau case but thought it worth correcting.
steckers
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby