Israel Folau sacked by Rugby Australia

Re: Israel Folau sacked by Rugby Australia

MrGlawsRocker 22 Jun 2019 14:31 pm said..

steckers wrote:I'm not interested in re-opening the debate about Folau - its' been covered and I had my say.

But just to say - MrGlawsRocker your comments are inaccurate and don't reflect Christian doctrine. This isn't really that pertinent to the Folau case but thought it worth correcting.

Really? Considering I spoke with my F-I-L on this, who has a masters in Theology amongst many others in this area and a Reverend, I believe the above is quite correct and pertinent.
If you preach one thing from an area of the bible and not the rest someone is an arse.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Steve M 22 Jun 2019 14:57 pm said..

MrGlawsRocker wrote:... someone is an arse.

MrGlawsRocker, on the previous page you said Folau was a d***. Do you really think you should be putting the words 'd***' and 'arse' together, on this thread in particular ? :o :lol: :lol:
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

steckers 22 Jun 2019 15:01 pm said..

I really struggle to believe that Reverend would fail to understand that when Jesus came and was later crucified, a new covenant was established. Many of the ways of Israel (and it's worth pointing out that there were different types of Law) no longer apply to us (the Christian faith) today.

An obvious example would be making animal sacrifices which had some very detailed procedures and was a very important part of Jewish life. Following Jesus's sacrifice, these are no longer necessary. Another would be in the book of Galatians where Paul goes to great length to explain that circumcision is no longer required.

Many (usually non-believers) like to have these little smart-arsed comments about the Bible and try to point to various contradictions. I'm sure if they look hard enough they can find something - many Christians themselves have areas they struggle to fully comprehend. But on this occasion, your comments may score some points with the ill-informed. But I assure you, they are misguided.
steckers
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Jun 2019 15:49 pm said..

Has this thread still not run it’s course?…people have views, opinions and beliefs. I personally think they have been expressed well on this forum, but nothing new is being added.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Peanutcoxy 22 Jun 2019 18:35 pm said..

Steve M wrote:

MrGlawsRocker, on the previous page you said Folau was a d***. Do you really think you should be putting the words 'd***' and 'arse' together, on this thread in particular ? :o :lol: :lol:

Genius :lol:
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 22 Jun 2019 18:44 pm said..

steckers wrote:I really struggle to believe that Reverend would fail to understand that when Jesus came and was later crucified, a new covenant was established. Many of the ways of Israel (and it's worth pointing out that there were different types of Law) no longer apply to us (the Christian faith) today.

An obvious example would be making animal sacrifices which had some very detailed procedures and was a very important part of Jewish life. Following Jesus's sacrifice, these are no longer necessary. Another would be in the book of Galatians where Paul goes to great length to explain that circumcision is no longer required.

Many (usually non-believers) like to have these little smart-arsed comments about the Bible and try to point to various contradictions. I'm sure if they look hard enough they can find something - many Christians themselves have areas they struggle to fully comprehend. But on this occasion, your comments may score some points with the ill-informed. But I assure you, they are misguided.

Ah in within that lies the core of what we discussed, there are a ton of contradictions that can be made in this section and clearly the church has grown and areas are now a little outdated.

There are clear common sense in some of what Leviticus says but others are outdated with age, what makes him (Falou) concentrate on this? It is rubbish and many agree outdated (historically they believe that there was an issue with population and this was one way to help a baby boom, I.e. every sperm is sacred.

Being in a LGBTQ+ relationship is not the same as incest etc and I have a funny feeling he does not believe it, so I'm being facetious to show how stupid & hypocritical he is being.

I'll be open & say I'm a non-believer, but I'm also someone whom thinks people have a right to practice and believe from Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism to Buddhism and beyond but NOT bull like Scientology etc let's get real that's a cult.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

MrGlawsRocker 22 Jun 2019 18:44 pm said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:
Steve M wrote:

Genius :lol:

Well Falou has an issue with those being together, doesnt he? ;-)
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

steckers 22 Jun 2019 18:59 pm said..

I would agree with you but homosexuality is identified in the new testament by the apostles. Look it's an area that many Christian struggle with - me included. Obviously there are those that are more liberal and those that are more conservative. He is the latter and comes from a culture where they seem to be very strict in following the word. Personally, I think its best not to judge others.

I don't like what he did - in more ways than one. But I also think he has a right to express his opinion on this occasion. Like someone else suggested, I have wondered if he was looking for this fight (if so, I have a huge problem with that).

Just to agree with something you said - there is plenty of stupidity and hypocrisy to go around. But that's usually down to people and not God.
steckers
Hall of Famer

steckers 22 Jun 2019 19:00 pm said..

Oops - I said I didn't want to get back into it :D Must try harder.
steckers
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Jun 2019 19:29 pm said..

I’m sorry but some of the language being used is defamatory and yet again religion is the source. I’m moving to lock this topic as it now has nothing to do with rugby but social interpretation of things written donkeys of years ago...before the PinkUn even...if you have an issue with this..I haven’t got a clue how to deal with it :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby