Ciprianni in DT

Re: Ciprianni in DT

Asgard 16 Apr 2019 16:12 pm said..

A very perceptive article and shows the influence and decision making of Cips; perhaps the very reason Eddie Jones doesn't want him. Jones wants pre-programmed robots.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 16 Apr 2019 16:45 pm said..

An insightful comment below the article from one John Etheridge:
What is clear is that those who coach a team with Cips in it have, to a large extent, to delegate management of both attack and defence to him; it's pointless playing him if you don't. Gloucester are reaping the rewards precisely because of this and players like Atkinson are blossoming because of it. I just can't see Eddie Jones letting Cips loose on 'his' team or Farrell being happy to play second fiddle to him. Such a shame. If you also played Daly at 13 (by far our best option there, imho) Cips would have a foil with the vision and distribution skills to match.
Clive's Pants
On the board

steckers 16 Apr 2019 17:30 pm said..

Good read.
steckers
Hall of Famer

JR 16 Apr 2019 20:54 pm said..

As you say CP, an insightful comment from John Etheridge. He puts his finger on the real problem. Cips and Farrell are both alpha males who will never accept second place to the other. I really don’t think it’s Eddie’s fault, he has to go with one or the other and he’s chosen the kicker.
JR
Hero in the making

westglos 16 Apr 2019 21:02 pm said..

Can anyone cut and paste the full article for us non-Torywag readers to see?
Cheers.
westglos
First team regular

Peanutcoxy 16 Apr 2019 21:09 pm said..

It’ll be in several posts:
A no-look pass with a pirouette that sets up a try will always generate discussion, so it was no surprise that Danny Cipriani’s sassy assist for Josh Hohneck created a buzz this weekend. The 31 year-old’s stylish distribution is a social media manager’s dream.

But you cannot judge Cipriani’s influence on Gloucester – and his contribution to the current Premiership season – by bite-size video clips alone. His highlight reel looks extremely handsome. However, the bigger picture is even more impressive.

Cipriani’s strategic control is a chief reason for Gloucester’s surge into third place. Forget labels such as ‘maverick’ and ‘mercurial’. He deals in precise planning and sound decision-making. More than anything else, his tactical intelligence should interest Eddie Jones with the Rugby World Cup looming.
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 16 Apr 2019 21:10 pm said..

Part 2:
Johan Ackermann’s team went into the weekend’s West Country derby with a comprehensive catalogue of backline injuries. Owen Williams, Henry Trinder, Charlie Sharples, Jason Woodward, Tom Marshall, Ollie Thorley and Tom Hudson were all ruled out.

Ackermann shifted Matt Banahan to full-back with Henry Purdy and 20 year-old Tom Seabrook, both of whom had been on loan at Hartpury, on the wings.
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 16 Apr 2019 21:11 pm said..

Part 3:
Bath’s back division featured 181 Test caps. Their opponents boasted just 54. Still, after a strong start for the visitors that saw Freddie Burns inspire Bath into a 17-0 lead, Gloucester overhauled them and ended up with another bonus-point victory.

Despite looking slightly hindered by the groin injury that curtailed his involved against Northampton a week previously, Cipriani orchestrated the comeback. It is no coincidence that Gloucester have steadily improved since September, winning six of their last seven matches. The attacking systems that Cipriani helped to implement upon joining from Wasps last summer have truly bedded in.
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 16 Apr 2019 21:16 pm said..

Part 4:
The rest is tricky to copy as it involves video analysis. I commend you to try and get the article in full as very very good
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby