Ciprianni in DT

Re: Ciprianni in DT

radioshed 16 Apr 2019 21:23 pm said..

I'm a Cipriani fan, though the chief reason for our great recent performances are the pack and the growing influence of the South African contingent allayed to the impressive front row and the commanding English nous of Slater and Morgan.
If I have to single out a player it would be Franco Mostert.

If you want more high praise of Cipriani it came from Flats on the rugby highlights last night, who was very effuse in stating Cipriani is England best fly half.
radioshed
Vice-Captain

steckers 16 Apr 2019 21:44 pm said..

The forwards are certainly a big part of it. But the impact they are having means the back have some good quick ball. And that allows Cipriani to do his thing (I also think Heinz is now back to his best which helps - and the settled centre pairing).
steckers
Hall of Famer

westglos 16 Apr 2019 21:49 pm said..

That's great. Thanks Peanutcoxy. Much appreciated. It's a great read.
westglos
First team regular

madders 16 Apr 2019 21:55 pm said..

In the 30 years l have been watching Gloucester, our backs have never been so ruthless. This is largely down to DC, assisted by BTT and MA in the centres.
Sure, the fact we have a lethal pack means we get the ball, but DC knows how to use it effectively.

Someone mentioned we are 14 - 1 for the title. I think that’s a bargain.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 16 Apr 2019 22:05 pm said..

Good to hear Johann confirm that he sees Cips as a leader and motivator on the pitch and in training. Ed Slater and 57 also is seen in the same light and are considered to be potentially very good coaches, should they go down that road.
JA also hinted that that was also a reason why Eddie Jones does not see DC fitting in with his RWC plans.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

westglos 17 Apr 2019 07:02 am said..

radioshed wrote:I'm a Cipriani fan, though the chief reason for our great recent performances are the pack and the growing influence of the South African contingent allayed to the impressive front row and the commanding English nous of Slater and Morgan.
If I have to single out a player it would be Franco Mostert.

If you want more high praise of Cipriani it came from Flats on the rugby highlights last night, who was very effuse in stating Cipriani is England best fly half.

In fact, Flatman said Cips is not only the best flyhalf in England currently, but the best rugby player in England.
westglos
First team regular

robs1 17 Apr 2019 07:02 am said..

Maybe thats a big part of the reason DC decided to stay, going somewhere else where he wasnt going to get the freedom to run the plays perhaps wasnt as attractive as staying here and he could have concluded that EJ would never let him play that role in the England squad. who knows after the world cup England might have a different coach who would
robs1
Hall of Famer

MartynWestBerks 17 Apr 2019 07:16 am said..

westglos wrote:Can anyone cut and paste the full article for us non-Torywag readers to see?
Cheers.

Can't post on here but have in PDF file I can email to you!
PM if you want it.
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

GlawsyD 17 Apr 2019 08:42 am said..

SoP on the Forum thread has also summaries Johann and DH's thoughts and comments very well.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

andrewatcourtfarm 17 Apr 2019 08:48 am said..

madders wrote:In the 30 years l have been watching Gloucester, our backs have never been so ruthless. This is largely down to DC, assisted by BTT and MA in the centres.
Sure, the fact we have a lethal pack means we get the ball, but DC knows how to use it effectively.

Someone mentioned we are 14 - 1 for the title. I think that’s a bargain.

I managed to get the team at 18 - 1 with Paddy Power earlier in the season.
andrewatcourtfarm
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby