Ciprianni in DT

Re: Ciprianni in DT

Lord Lucan 17 Apr 2019 19:41 pm said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:
Rhino wrote:Still 14/1 with Bet 365, yesterday

And offering E/W for final two places at 1/3 odds. Effectively - 5/1 to win our semi - too good to miss.

2.83 to win the semi.
Last edited by Lord Lucan on 17 Apr 2019 19:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

David 17 Apr 2019 19:54 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:
Oxford Glaws wrote:
Rhino wrote:Still 14/1 with Bet 365, yesterday

And offering E/W for final two places at 1/3 odds. Effectively - 5/1 to win our semi - too good to miss.

2.83 to 1 to win the semi.

All available boots should be filled.
:) :)
David
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 17 Apr 2019 20:03 pm said..

Sorry miscalculation it’s 1.83 to 1 to win the semi
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Porky 17 Apr 2019 20:54 pm said..

MartynWestBerks wrote:
Porky wrote:Why is asking you to have the courtesy to spell someone's name correctly puerile?

It might have been more appropriate to engage in the content of the article rather than trying to prove how clever and superior you are.

I did discuss the article in my original post before pointing out the mistake in Danny’s surname. It is nothing to do with being clever or superior; it’s just asking for the courtesy of spelling names correctly.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

upton dc 17 Apr 2019 21:25 pm said..

The mis-spelling of names is the least important grammatical error, particularly when the context of the text gives you a big clue to whom you are referring. More important, to my mind, is the correct application of punctuation as the incorrect use of commas and apostrophes, for example, can lead to confusion and mis-understanding. The mis-spelling of Cipriani is unlikely to.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

James J 17 Apr 2019 21:44 pm said..

upton dc wrote:The mis-spelling of names is the least important grammatical error, particularly when the context of the text gives you a big clue to whom you are referring. More important, to my mind, is the correct application of punctuation as the incorrect use of commas and apostrophes, for example, can lead to confusion and mis-understanding. The mis-spelling of Cipriani is unlikely to.

Or rather a misunderstanding and a misspelling ;)
James J
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 17 Apr 2019 21:46 pm said..

Fair credit to porky, I've never met a person who's never made a spelling mistake until now. A rare beast indeed.

Edit: Checked spelling.

Edit 2: chewckde Grammar.
DieTrying

Tumpy+1 17 Apr 2019 23:19 pm said..

Wow ... we have spelling police :D
Being Welsh, I have no chance in life :D
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

tigerchef 17 Apr 2019 23:43 pm said..

Always annoys me when pedants attack the grammar and spelling in a post, instead of the argument. As some have said, auto spelling and website checkers can have an effect, affect? Who cares. They can take there shizzle elsewhere.
tigerchef
On the board

Sky blue 18 Apr 2019 05:10 am said..

*their

(Sorry)
Sky blue
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby