Team V Sharks

Re: Team V Sharks

Mark from Stroud 17 May 2019 11:35 am said..

The other lot:

15.Chris Ashton; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.Sam James, 12.James O’Connor, 11.Byron McGuigan; 10.AJ MacGinty, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Josh Beaumont, 5.James Phillips, 6.Ben Curry, 7.Tom Curry, 8.Jono Ross (capt.)

Replacements: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17.Valerey Morozov, 18.Joe Jones, 19.Bryn Evans, 20.Josh Strauss, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Luke James, 23.Arron Reed.
Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 17 May 2019 11:36 am said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:The other lot:

15.Chris Ashton; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.Sam James, 12.James O’Connor, 11.Byron McGuigan; 10.AJ MacGinty, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Josh Beaumont, 5.James Phillips, 6.Ben Curry, 7.Tom Curry, 8.Jono Ross (capt.)

Replacements: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17.Valerey Morozov, 18.Joe Jones, 19.Bryn Evans, 20.Josh Strauss, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Luke James, 23.Arron Reed.

That team is an insult to Quins, Saints, Wasps, Bath...!
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Big Red 17 May 2019 11:51 am said..

Excellent to see Thorley and Marshall in the 23. Still an extremely good back 5 of the scrum considering who's missing! Right approach for me, but would have liked to have seen Heinz and possibly Woodward in the squad to get some game time. All being well, we should be very strong for the semi.

Can't see anything other than a defeat tomorrow with that being said. Worried about the front row and lack of physicality at half back, but looking forward to seeing what Evans can produce in attack.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

David 17 May 2019 12:20 pm said..

Nah - we'll smash 'em. Bonus point win coming up.
:)
David
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 17 May 2019 12:21 pm said..

If we can get some decent ball to that set of backs it could be a tryfest. Remember a couple of years ago the 'second string youngsters' at Bath. Nearly turned over a full strength Bath including Burgess.
Similar sort of team almost put Castres to the sword with Lloyd Evans leading the line...
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Sue D'Nimes 17 May 2019 12:26 pm said..

Has anybody seen this bloke Gerbrandt Grobler play? Not heard of him.
TEAMWORK RESPECT ENJOYMENT DISCIPLINE SPORTSMANSHIP
Sue D'Nimes
Vice-Captain

Camel 17 May 2019 13:57 pm said..

Personally, I’m delighted we’ve gone with pretty much an entire second XV. To us, this game carries no significance.

The only player who I would’ve liked to have seen rested is Thorley. I really hope he doesn’t get a knock. I know he’s just back from injury and could do with a run out, but I don’t think it’s worth the risk, he’s a key player for us.

The other change I would’ve liked to have seen is Woodward to start in place of Charlie. He’s a player who needs game time and could do with finding some form.

The Sale side is at full strength and looks very strong. With nothing on the line, let’s hope our boys go out there with no fear and throw the ball around. Would be great for the departing players to leave on a high.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

BullShed 17 May 2019 14:12 pm said..

Three players likely to make their first Prem (and last in the case of Coetzer) appearances for the club?

Craig, Gleave and Coetzer.

Hopefully can make the same impact Seabrook made on his debut.
BullShed
First team regular

Theotherjonny 17 May 2019 15:04 pm said..

Are there many making the trip? I'm going because I've missed the last 2 home games due to other (rugby) commitments :oops:
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 283  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
Theotherjonny
Vice-Captain

spanish exile 17 May 2019 15:16 pm said..

I totally agree with this team selection but I would rather just gift the 5 points rather than risk a very possible humiliating scoreline. Their 1st XV would prove difficult at the best of times so I am worried,if we can keep to within 40 points that to me will be good.
Truth is its a 1 game season, as long as we compete in that no one will care what happens v Sale.
spanish exile
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby