Team V Sharks

Re: Team V Sharks

West Oxon Glaws 17 May 2019 16:52 pm said..

SonofPricey wrote:
Allez Glaws wrote:If I were Wasps, Bristol, Bath I'd be pretty hacked off. While I think this is the right approach for us I think this could be another ugly result up north.

Does highlight the need to get some more centres in - wingers everywhere 11-15!

If I were Wasps, Bristol or Bath (cold shudder) I would be wondering if relying on other teams do you a favour is not an damning indictment of how their season has gone.

If we had played a full strength side and the likes of Cipriani, Heinz or Balmain got injured I would be furious. This is the best chance the club has had in winning the title in years.

+1, the season is over 22 games and not just 1. We’ve earned the right to rest players- if Wasps, Bristol and Bath are still chasing points that is their fault, not ours
West Oxon Glaws
Senior squad member

Walterdrip 17 May 2019 17:03 pm said..

I wouldn't like Faff clashing heads with Billy again :?
Walterdrip
First team regular

Gb83 17 May 2019 17:03 pm said..

West Oxon Glaws wrote:
SonofPricey wrote:
Allez Glaws wrote:If I were Wasps, Bristol, Bath I'd be pretty hacked off. While I think this is the right approach for us I think this could be another ugly result up north.

Does highlight the need to get some more centres in - wingers everywhere 11-15!

If I were Wasps, Bristol or Bath (cold shudder) I would be wondering if relying on other teams do you a favour is not an damning indictment of how their season has gone.

If we had played a full strength side and the likes of Cipriani, Heinz or Balmain got injured I would be furious. This is the best chance the club has had in winning the title in years.

+1, the season is over 22 games and not just 1. We’ve earned the right to rest players- if Wasps, Bristol and Bath are still chasing points that is their fault, not ours

We pay for a squad and have every right to use everyone one of them when we want, if other teams suffer as a result it’s tough really, I’m sure it all balances out in the end.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Tim in Shropshire 17 May 2019 17:31 pm said..

Damned if you go full strength, damned if you don't - JA was never going to please everyone.
I quite understand why he's decided to rest a few (although there's still plenty of quality there and a few who will be looking to play themselves into the 23 for the play-off semi). My low point (in a season of highs) was standing behind the posts on the Tump watching us getting a proper seeing too in the reverse fixture. Would have loved to have seen us do the same to them.
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

andrewatcourtfarm 17 May 2019 17:42 pm said..

Sue D'Nimes wrote:Has anybody seen this bloke Gerbrandt Grobler play? Not heard of him.

Yes, he's brilliant. I cannot understand why he hasn't played more for us, but I suppose there must be a reason.
andrewatcourtfarm
First team regular

andrewatcourtfarm 17 May 2019 17:54 pm said..

[quote="Gloucester Mute"]

No doubt cue ridicule from those who don't really know their rugby BUT this approach does not make any sense in my opinion.

So are we wasting our money on the coaching team? In my opinion, they are doing quiet a good job.
andrewatcourtfarm
First team regular

Lebowski 17 May 2019 18:02 pm said..

JA has done absolutely the right thing IMO although I can understand several other clubs may be a bit fed up. As SoP said though, they shouldn’t have put themselves in a position of having to rely on other teams’ results. An injury to Cipriani, Balmain or Heinz and we’d all have been questioning why they were playing in a dead rubber.

We are all entitled to our different opinions, although not all of us feel the need to say anybody who disagrees with us doesn’t know their rugby. :shock:

IF we lose away to the best team in Europe next week no doubt it will be because we were under cooked, didn’t play a stronger team tomorrow, didn’t do this, that or the other, blah blah, as opposed to the fact we were playing away to..................the best team in Europe!
Lebowski

robs1 17 May 2019 20:30 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:JA has done absolutely the right thing IMO although I can understand several other clubs may be a bit fed up. As SoP said though, they shouldn’t have put themselves in a position of having to rely on other teams’ results. An injury to Cipriani, Balmain or Heinz and we’d all have been questioning why they were playing in a dead rubber.

We are all entitled to our different opinions, although not all of us feel the need to say anybody who disagrees with us doesn’t know their rugby. :shock:

IF we lose away to the best team in Europe next week no doubt it will be because we were under cooked, didn’t play a stronger team tomorrow, didn’t do this, that or the other, blah blah, as opposed to the fact we were playing away to..................the best team in Europe!

But when we beat them will we be called the best team in Europe?
robs1
Hall of Famer

Chalker 17 May 2019 20:37 pm said..

robs1 wrote:
Lebowski wrote:JA has done absolutely the right thing IMO although I can understand several other clubs may be a bit fed up. As SoP said though, they shouldn’t have put themselves in a position of having to rely on other teams’ results. An injury to Cipriani, Balmain or Heinz and we’d all have been questioning why they were playing in a dead rubber.

But when we beat them will we be called the best team in Europe?

Just the best team in England. That will do me , for now.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

steckers 17 May 2019 20:47 pm said..

Can't say I care about the other teams that are competing with Sale for a top 6 spot. But I do think it's a valid point about players going into next week' game cold.

But overall I think it's the right decision. You're damned if you don't...
steckers
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby