Team V Sharks

Re: Team V Sharks

Steve M 18 May 2019 12:32 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:I was merely pointing out that, if we play Saracens next week, the bulk of both likely squads will not have played for 2 weeks.

Ken, I was just adding that for the majority of the Gloucs squad it will be 3 weeks, for Sarries 2 weeks.

Not arguing about selection mind. I dont think there was any option today other than resting/preserving a few key players. Wouldnt have felt right if we had picked up injuries in what after all is a dead rubber for us. There's only the one (well, hopefully two) meaningful games left for us this year and we have to go all out next weekend.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Asgard 18 May 2019 14:04 pm said..

James J wrote:
Asgard wrote:The Wasps fiasco may have been down to lack of action but the opinion of Dean Ryan and Bryan Redpath (who was not involved with Gloucester at that time) was that the Pod system that Gloucester had used to great effect throughout that season had been cracked by Wasps in the final. But as I say that was only the opinion of DR & BR who obviously had failed to contact Mute for his assessment.

Nigel Melville was DoR for the Wasps battering.

Yes, I know but it was Dean Ryan who was Head Coach who made the comment, later substantiated by Bryan Redpath.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

JamesK 18 May 2019 14:14 pm said..

My recollection of the Wasps match was that although we'd been the best team over the entire season Wasps were in better form for the second half of the season.

Rustyness might have been a factor but I think it was overstated.
JamesK
Vice-Captain

West Oxon Glaws 18 May 2019 15:40 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:No doubt cue ridicule from those who don't really know their rugby BUT this approach does not make any sense to me and is inviting trouble ahead. A short-term and long-term mistake IMHO.

I bow down to your superior knowledge and apologise for having my own opinion. In the future I’ll make sure I liaise with sanctimonious old fools before posting anything.
West Oxon Glaws
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 May 2019 15:57 pm said..

The disrespect shown by the cannon fodder sent to Sale to only score 4 first half tries is frankly embarrassing! Not sure how Johan will ever show his face in Gloucester again! ;)
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

tigerchef 18 May 2019 16:15 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:The disrespect shown by the cannon fodder sent to Sale to only score 4 first half tries is frankly embarrassing! Not sure how Johan will ever show his face in Gloucester again! ;)

I know, disgraceful performance by Gloucester 3rds, it's like Castres never happened.
tigerchef
On the board

Oldprop 18 May 2019 18:39 pm said..

West Oxon Glaws wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:No doubt cue ridicule from those who don't really know their rugby BUT this approach does not make any sense to me and is inviting trouble ahead. A short-term and long-term mistake IMHO.

I bow down to your superior knowledge and apologise for having my own opinion. In the future I’ll make sure I liaise with sanctimonious old fools before posting anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

Camel 18 May 2019 18:41 pm said..

West Oxon Glaws wrote:

:lol: :lol:
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 19 May 2019 12:13 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:The disrespect shown by the cannon fodder sent to Sale to only score 4 first half tries is frankly embarrassing! Not sure how Johan will ever show his face in Gloucester again! ;)

You obviously, along with others, didn't get my original point. It was not about the 2nd XV selected who did very well. It was about the 3-week playing gap that most of our starting SF team will have had. My comments were totally re. SF not the Sale game. Keep up..........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1316  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

JamesK 19 May 2019 14:19 pm said..

You’re ignoring the four tries they conceded though ;)
JamesK
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby