Team V Sharks

Re: Team V Sharks

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 May 2019 15:14 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:The disrespect shown by the cannon fodder sent to Sale to only score 4 first half tries is frankly embarrassing! Not sure how Johan will ever show his face in Gloucester again! ;)

You obviously, along with others, didn't get my original point. It was not about the 2nd XV selected who did very well. It was about the 3-week playing gap that most of our starting SF team will have had. My comments were totally re. SF not the Sale game. Keep up..........

Whatever your overall point was I was taking the piss out of your suggestion that the team selection was not respectful of Bath, Bristol and Wasps and that they were being sent as "cannon fodder" when the actual outcome was a better performance than the reverse fixture where Sale turned us over at home and a few players putting their hands up for selection for the semi. But then again I am probable of those who don't know rugby!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 19 May 2019 18:26 pm said..

I did say "relative cannon-fodder" and yes didn't they play well.

Overall my point was about starting the SF with an under-cooked starting line-up who haven't played any match rugby for 3 weeks.

Probably pointless making my point to some of you ?!?!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1385  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Oldprop 19 May 2019 18:31 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I did say "relative cannon-fodder" and yes didn't they play well.

Overall my point was about starting the SF with an under-cooked starting line-up who haven't played any match rugby for 3 weeks.

When you are in a hole stop digging!
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 May 2019 18:40 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I did say "relative cannon-fodder" and yes didn't they play well.

There is definitely a valid point to be made about whether resting players and leaving them 3 weeks without a game could come back to haunt us. You just come across as a condescending arsehole when you do it.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 19 May 2019 18:43 pm said..

Oldprop wrote:

When you are in a hole stop digging!

Regrettably with this type of audience ie; myopic and cloth-eared and mainly stupid, you are probably right !! ;)

At least I can acknowledge that Sat's squad out-played nearly every general expectation. Can those now cackling at me ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 19 May 2019 18:46 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

There is definitely a valid point to be made about whether resting players and leaving them 3 weeks without a game could come back to haunt us. You just come across as a condescending arsehole when you do it.

Puerile and unecessary language in a public debate Sheddy. :shock:

Soap. Mouth. Wash.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Number10 19 May 2019 18:49 pm said..

I can see both sides of the argument. To be fair we are not expected to win either way so happy to go with the coaching teams choice. Obviously losing thorley possibly is a big lose for Saturday. If we had played a few more first teamers that could have been worse but I do get the idea of being undercooked. Just have to hope training has been spot on!

One things for sure Saturdays performance will certainly keep the regulars on their toes this week. If they weren't fully focussed on training already they certainly will be otherwise they could find themselves dropped!
Number10
Hall of Famer

robs1 19 May 2019 19:28 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

Puerile and unecessary language in a public debate Sheddy. :shock:

Soap. Mouth. Wash.

Yet your previous post was this : Regrettably with this type of audience ie; myopic and cloth-eared and mainly stupid, you are probably right !!

Pot and kettle come to mind.

I can see both sides of the argument, we still remember the wasps game and how we were undercooked, Im sure JA, the other coaches and the players are well aware how to prepare for this huge game, we have often lost games due to lacking composure and calmness in the top two inches as much as in the physical battle, at least with a couple of weeks off they have had time to relax and let a lot of niggles heal and now have all week to build up both the mindset and hard edge we will need
robs1
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby