Sale OGT

Re: Sale OGT

Tuffty 18 May 2019 20:04 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Should have mentioned Solamona’s try, that finish at pace was simply incredible!

Agreed. I think that we also have to give great credit to the Sale player who got the pass to him, while running flat out, under significant pressure and with a superb level of accuracy and weighting.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Severus 18 May 2019 20:07 pm said..

Tuffty wrote:
Beddis wrote:Should have mentioned Solamona’s try, that finish at pace was simply incredible!

Agreed. I think that we also have to give great credit to the Sale player who got the pass to him, while running flat out, under significant pressure and with a superb level of accuracy and weighting.

I think that was their flyhalf, AJ McGinty
Severus
On the board

Glen Sannox 18 May 2019 20:15 pm said..

Madders, chips on both shoulders....sad. :lol: :lol:
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

madders 18 May 2019 20:28 pm said..

Our boys proved their worth.....anyone who ridicules that should not be on this site.
We lost, but should be proud of our performance.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

LowerO 18 May 2019 21:16 pm said..

Just watched the brief highlights. Polledri is RAPID! Banahan pulled strings. Solomona’s finish was brilliant (the highlights don’t do it justice - when Marshall tackles him and knocks him out of the pitch, it’s amazing how he adjusts - watch the slowmo repeat somewhere). Finally Faf dK is sensational and makes that team tick.

The performance from our boys has convinced me to travel to the Allianz next week. This year, this year! Believe!!
LowerO
Vice-Captain

Big Red 18 May 2019 22:31 pm said..

Very easy to forget with the balance (and form) of the ‘first choice’ back row - Ackermann, Kriel and Morgan, about Polledri. He was immense today and remains very important to the club. Heads held high, well played men.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Lurker 18 May 2019 22:58 pm said..

how did the new guy (Grobler I think his name is :D ) play today?
Lurker
Hall of Famer

RTS2 19 May 2019 08:50 am said..

One of the performances of the season IMO ; and moreover it confirms that Ackers style of rugby has been embraced within the whole squad .

For me yesterday’s result is perhaps the most defining benchmark of what has been our best season for years . Why ? Well because it shows a massive change in mental attitude .I would argue , ,that on paper that was a stronger Sale side than the team that thrashed is there a few seasons ago . Massive adjustment .

I still would have liked the squads to have been rotated to the same extent that is was yesterday over the last three matches and I think yesterday’s result suggests that this approach might have been the right one . OK ; it’s too late to wind the clock back ; but three close losses with a mainly second string containing “first - choicer’s” off the bench for last 20 mins for match fitness would perhaps have kept players fresh ; built the squad even more for next season , and perhaps have given us a better semi- final option .

Whatever ; it’s all about confidence now . We have the talent . We have to go in to the Sarries match with total belief . I would be taking a very strong contingent of back rowers on the bench and Grobler maybe ahead of Sav ( as much as I would like him to figure ) . Grobler adds something - undefinable but he’s a class act when he’s fit . If Slater doesn’t make it back then Sav on the bench .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

covglaws 19 May 2019 09:05 am said..

James J wrote:
Sticki wrote:Looked like a try to me, no double movement and the ball was eventually grounded

Not clearly though.

Those of us behind the posts could clearly see it grounded, sadly the camera angles weren't as good as our eyes. :roll: Doesn't matter one jot, as it goes, but with their rapidly dropped conversation to preempt the TMO, could have been different.

Don't care though, that has to be one of the most breath taking and entertaining games I've ever attended. Onwards and upwards, we're in the semi-final and we CAN do it. :D
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1561  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

chris1850 19 May 2019 09:17 am said..

Sale fan in peace! What a game! Huge credit to both sides throwing the ball about - we had to as we needed the TBP, but you did the same and 13 tries tells its own story. Barnes played his part as well and his tongue in cheek comment that it was just 'another typical premiership match' was great!

I thought Banahan was superb for you. Easily MOM in my view. We really struggled to contain him and his offloading was a joy to watch. I have never seen him play so well.

Good turnout of Glaws fans as well which helped to create a good atmosphere. Thanks to those who made the effort to come to what was a largely meaningless match for you. It's always good to chat to fans of other clubs and yesterday was no exception.

It's refreshing to see how Gloucester have moved up to a higher level, playing entertaining rugby and I guess it's exciting times being a fan these days. Hopefully, we are starting to get a similar momentum going and are only a year or so behind you.

All the best for the playoffs; I really hope you can upset the status quo. Good luck and see you next year.
chris1850
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby