Sale OGT

Re: Sale OGT

madders 19 May 2019 09:29 am said..

Polledri seems to have acquired an unbelievable turn of pace which resulted in two of our tries....he made a couple of line breaks an International centre would have been proud of. Fantastic to watch.

Could he be the hardman 13 we have been looking for :shock: ?

Fat Taff, l refer to the days when players were “invited” to play for Quins which usually resulted in players getting City jobs. Yorkshire pig farmers suddenly became stockbrokers.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

The Vic 19 May 2019 09:39 am said..

My only slight irritation from yesterday, was some of our own fans when Ludlow's try was disallowed sing 'the referee is a w**ker'. This is rugby not football, and it wasn't necessary particularly when there are young children around.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Mark from Stroud 19 May 2019 10:14 am said..

chris1850 wrote:Sale fan in peace! What a game! Huge credit to both sides throwing the ball about - we had to as we needed the TBP, but you did the same and 13 tries tells its own story. Barnes played his part as well and his tongue in cheek comment that it was just 'another typical premiership match' was great!

I thought Banahan was superb for you. Easily MOM in my view. We really struggled to contain him and his offloading was a joy to watch. I have never seen him play so well.

Good turnout of Glaws fans as well which helped to create a good atmosphere. Thanks to those who made the effort to come to what was a largely meaningless match for you. It's always good to chat to fans of other clubs and yesterday was no exception.

It's refreshing to see how Gloucester have moved up to a higher level, playing entertaining rugby and I guess it's exciting times being a fan these days. Hopefully, we are starting to get a similar momentum going and are only a year or so behind you.

All the best for the playoffs; I really hope you can upset the status quo. Good luck and see you next year.

Thanks Chris :)
Mark from Stroud
On the board

covglaws 19 May 2019 10:31 am said..

chris1850 wrote:Sale fan in peace! What a game! Huge credit to both sides throwing the ball about - we had to as we needed the TBP, but you did the same and 13 tries tells its own story. Barnes played his part as well and his tongue in cheek comment that it was just 'another typical premiership match' was great!

I thought Banahan was superb for you. Easily MOM in my view. We really struggled to contain him and his offloading was a joy to watch. I have never seen him play so well.

Good turnout of Glaws fans as well which helped to create a good atmosphere. Thanks to those who made the effort to come to what was a largely meaningless match for you. It's always good to chat to fans of other clubs and yesterday was no exception.

It's refreshing to see how Gloucester have moved up to a higher level, playing entertaining rugby and I guess it's exciting times being a fan these days. Hopefully, we are starting to get a similar momentum going and are only a year or so behind you.

All the best for the playoffs; I really hope you can upset the status quo. Good luck and see you next year.

Lovely post. The essence of what rugby is all about. Thanks and good luck yourself.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1589  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

covglaws 19 May 2019 10:34 am said..

The Vic wrote:My only slight irritation from yesterday, was some of our own fans when Ludlow's try was disallowed sing 'the referee is a w**ker'. This is rugby not football, and it wasn't necessary particularly when there are young children around.

Where was that? I was in prime position to see the grounding and didn't hear that. Morons, sadly we have one or two. :( :cry:
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1589  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 19 May 2019 12:02 pm said..

West Oxon Glaws wrote:Are you watching Mute?

No - I wasn't there and not on TV.

You obviously, along with others, didn't get my original point. It was not about the 2nd XV selected who did very well. It was about the 3-week playing gap that most of our starting SF team will have had. My comments were totally re. SF not the Sale game. Keep up..........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1369  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 19 May 2019 12:05 pm said..

kingsholmmick wrote:Wow ! What a performance !
So our coach knew what he was doing then eh mute ???

You obviously, along with others, didn't get my original point. It was not about the 2nd XV selected who did very well. It was about the 3-week playing gap that most of our starting SF team will have had. My comments were totally re. SF not the Sale game. Keep up..........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1369  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Theotherjonny 19 May 2019 17:53 pm said..

Amazing game and, as already stated, some awesome performances but I have to mention the Sale fans that surrounded our very small group of 3. They were friendly, fun and were as appreciative of Glaws as they were of Sale, all through the game. Some great banter and a most enjoyable trip up north.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 230  Location: Tewkesbury (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
Theotherjonny
Vice-Captain

West Oxon Glaws 20 May 2019 15:31 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:

Your original post raised questions about the relative cannon fodder and what a thumping defeat would do for morale. This has nothing to do with a 3 week break.

IMO a narrow defeat with a team of mainly reserve players would have done wonders for the morale of the whole squad and will keep those hoping for a first team place on Saturday on their toes.

Had JA gone with his first choice team and suffered either a heavy defeat or injuries he would also have been criticised in some quarters. I trust the judgement of JA over others.

Kept up
Last edited by West Oxon Glaws on 20 May 2019 16:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Oxon Glaws
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 May 2019 15:38 pm said..

West Oxon Glaws wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:

Your original post raised questions about the relative cannon fodder and what a thumping defeat would do for morale. This has nothing to do with a 3 week break.

IMO a narrow defeat with a team of mainly reserve players would have done wonders for the morale of the whole squad and will keep those hoping for a first team place on Saturday on their toes.

Had RA gone with his first choice team and suffered either a heavy defeat or injuries he would also have been criticised in some quarters. I trust the judgement of RA over others.

Kept up

No wonder Ruan Ackermann keeps starting if he is picking the team! ;)
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby