Semi Final Team

Re: Semi Final Team

CMGC 20 May 2019 08:15 am said..

The game is probably the toughest challenge Glos have had in ages. We are taking on a team that has an unbelieveable home record on their artificial surface. I think they have only lost 4 games at home to anyone in 3 1/2 yrs and 3 of those were during the " Int window" when they were shorn of a big chunk of theior squad. Clermont are the only team to turn them over at home in their current steak of the last 4 seasons.
So a Glos win would be trully momentous.
CMGC

Steve M 20 May 2019 09:28 am said..

CMGC wrote:So a Glos win would be trully momentous.

We all need some positivity; "So a Glos win WILL be truly momentous" !!! :D
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 20 May 2019 10:29 am said..

I do like the thought of Slater and Gigi in the engine room with Mostert at 6, he's played successfully in that role for a many a game. Morgan at 8 and take your pick at 7.....with a strong fast bench to come on.
That would be a real handful if our front row stays strong...with Mako out .
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 May 2019 11:04 am said..

Has he actually played 6 for us? Play-off semi finals doesn't seem the time to experiment.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 20 May 2019 11:25 am said..

I agree about experimenting, but I'm not sure this really is. The team all seem to know what's going on irrespective of the name on the shirt....it's like a massive agile back row made up line up jumpers...a bit like our opposition. I'm not convinced we need to play them at their own game but get our big carriers playing our game before we get strangled. As GS says it doesn't make any difference what I/we say but it's fun speculating whilst we can ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Big Red 20 May 2019 11:50 am said..

I think the only time we played that combination at 4, 5 & 6 was against Munster and one of the only occasions we've been completely dominated physically. Ruan Ackermann has been sensational since returning from his injury in February and absolutely has to start and I'm sure he will. Kriel and Morgan with Slater (if fit) and Mostert provides the best balance and has seen us do well. Polledri back in form from the bench is an exciting prospect too.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Gb83 20 May 2019 12:12 pm said..

Big Red wrote:I think the only time we played that combination at 4, 5 & 6 was against Munster and one of the only occasions we've been completely dominated physically. Ruan Ackermann has been sensational since returning from his injury in February and absolutely has to start and I'm sure he will. Kriel and Morgan with Slater (if fit) and Mostert provides the best balance and has seen us do well. Polledri back in form from the bench is an exciting prospect too.

Agree, Ackermann has been immense this season, he has always been huge in defence, has really improved his link play and is contributing with try’s.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 May 2019 12:23 pm said..

Isn't it mad the Polledri isn't automatically first choice as he would be in 90% of premiership sides! Sign of how strong we are up front this season.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Gb83 20 May 2019 12:36 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Isn't it mad the Polledri isn't automatically first choice as he would be in 90% of premiership sides! Sign of how strong we are up front this season.

It is but I don’t think I’d start him over Morgan, Kriel or Ackermann, it would be good to see more of him from the bench though, as he’s pretty much unstable.

I wonder where his best position is

Definitely not a 7
Doesn’t do enough defensively to be a 6 yet
Potential 8 but Morgan is playing out of his skin
Gb83
Hall of Famer

ps1970 20 May 2019 14:55 pm said..

He’s unstable?? :o
ps1970
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext