Teams Up

Re: Teams Uo

James J 24 May 2019 11:19 am said..

jeppy89 wrote:Biggest game of the season and Vellacott preferred to Braley.

Why have we let him go!

How many times does it have to be stated that he chose to move and it wasn’t Gloucester’s decision to let him go?
James J
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 24 May 2019 11:24 am said..

James J wrote:

Why have we let him go!

How many times does it have to be stated that he chose to move and it wasn’t Gloucester’s decision to let him go?

Given that people are still saying the same about Dan Robson I would say this has a few years left to run!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 24 May 2019 11:27 am said..

Hope the team play with less ego than some posters trying to make sure it is their team thread that secures dominance!
Clive's Pants
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 24 May 2019 11:35 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:Hope the team play with less ego than some posters trying to make sure it is their team thread that secures dominance!

It's a tight race at the moment...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

glawfindel 24 May 2019 11:42 am said..

Why have we let him go!

Not the biggest game of the season - that will be at HQ after this one ;)
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

RTS2 24 May 2019 11:52 am said..

Forrester wrote:
RTS2 wrote:
Glosteroldboy wrote:
GG ?? I guess Sav got the nod....

Yes...pleased for Sav ; he deserves it ; but IMO GG would have given us that extra edge. Still I am 100 % sure Sav will give it everything he's got for us and he won't want it to be the last time he wears a Glaws shirt !!

I am very- very pleased Ludlow and Polledri are on the bench!!!.......I predicted this call and IMO it's the right one ...

We’re only a couple of injuries away from Jake on the wing again. Given our injuries it’s probably the only call he could make, still not ideal though.

I think he's banking on few injuries in the backs and we could rotate our two 9's to cover at wing if needed. It's probably more about back row momentum Forrester and it's the only way we will beat them IMO. We have to believe and compete at the break down and play an impact running game with possession . A lot has been made about Sarries playing surface and the advantage it gives them . I do believe we can also use it to our advantage too.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Halo 24 May 2019 12:01 pm said..

I would've started Marshall at fullback as he's the best we have and Polledri is very unlucky not to be starting tomorrow after his bullocking performance last Saturday. Great shame Thorley didn't make it.
However, I shall be there giving everything for the team.
Halo
Vice-Captain

Sozpr 24 May 2019 12:03 pm said..

Maybe the split also shows how the coaching staff see the game is going to pan out - a brutal forwards battle which we want to dominate and be able to bring on fresh bodies.
Sozpr
Vice-Captain

VV 24 May 2019 12:13 pm said..

Not too much of the unexpected in selection and the Vellacott over Braley decision is, I suspect, forced by a dire shortage of fit backs as it offers more flexibility (especially disappointed for Thorley and, for that matter, Banahan who I suspect would have made the bench). I might argue for GG over trusted servant Sav as I think former brings more menace in line out and loose but probably not a game changer as I think it will be a matter of whoever is on the pitch at any point of the game just needing to deliver the game of their lives. Actually it's quite simple, we just need to score more points than the European champions!
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Senior squad member

ali 24 May 2019 12:28 pm said..

Looking at Sarries team I think we just have an edge in the front row, much more so with replacement set.
2nd and back rows is going to be a massive clash especially as they're targeting DC's supply.
ali
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby