Tumpys Tour (Saracens)

Re: Tumpys Tour (Saracens)

Tuffty 25 May 2019 09:53 am said..

keep the updates coming Tumpy! I always enjoy your exploits!
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Tumpy+1 25 May 2019 10:19 am said..

Thanks Tuffty.
The never ending flask of coffee is serving me well as we approach Hillingdon but I wouldn’t mind sipping whatever some of the boys are on as they are getting happier :D I will treat myself when we get to the ground. Traffic is now very busy and we are side by side with a coach full of Newport footie supporters. All good fun.
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Tumpy+1 25 May 2019 10:30 am said..

Just passed the ACE cafe that all you bikers will know about and pretty close to Wembley stadium. Not sure how much longer it will take as it is slow going at the mo
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Tumpy+1 25 May 2019 10:50 am said..

And we’re here. C&W everywhere .... great!
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Tumpy+1 25 May 2019 11:24 am said..

Into the ground now and I hope the TV picks up on the fact that there are so many Glos support already here. Settled in with a pint of the black stuff which is a bargain at £5.50 :o
Just bumped into Alex Sanderson and wished him well in giving us a chance :D
My large flag is unfurled and I’m sat down watching the crowd build up. Nice welcome by the ground staff here. Good on them.
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Tuffty 25 May 2019 12:28 pm said..

Tumpy+1 wrote:
My large flag is unfurled
:D
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Tumpy+1 25 May 2019 13:21 pm said..

Good atmosphere all around me here in the south stand. Good view of the pitch and it’s a shame the score is against us at the moment but we still have the second half to go. How’s it looking on the big screen and TV?
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Tuffty 25 May 2019 13:27 pm said..

Tumpy+1 wrote:Good atmosphere all around me here in the south stand. Good view of the pitch and it’s a shame the score is against us at the moment but we still have the second half to go. How’s it looking on the big screen and TV?

Lots of CnW! Weather looks cracking. All in, I’m jealous I’m not there with you.
Tuffty

Tuffty
Hall of Famer

madders 25 May 2019 14:53 pm said..

Don’t despair fellas, you’ve got the homeward journey to drown your sorrows....what about the Falkland Arms in Great Tew,Chipping Norton OX7 4DB........................a fantastic pub and scenery.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Tumpy+1 25 May 2019 15:22 pm said..

Well, we’re back on the bus and waiting for two stragglers to get on. How dare they enjoy themselves. In fact, as I type we’re off without them :o Driver wouldn’t wait. Hope they get back ok.
Great day was had even though we couldn’t get a victory but again, the Glos support was fantastic and I reckon there could have been around 3-4 thousand of us here. May not offer too many more posts on today’s journey home but would like to say it’s been a privilege to be supporting the club and mixing with you lot. Keep it up for next season.
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby