Grobler unlimited

Re: Grobler unlimited

Baz 26 May 2019 18:40 pm said..

Neilio44 wrote:Contribution in training.

Baz, Is that suggesting maybe he may not be quite committing enough in training as Johan would like?

You may think that Neil..... but I couldn’t possibly comment.
Baz
Hall of Famer

RTS2 26 May 2019 18:58 pm said..

Number8 wrote:
CWB1 wrote:Neither Grobler nor the club have 'leaked' any information about what has been said behind closed doors. This is a credit to all involved. Compare it to the Bert situation and you can see that progress has been made in how these things are handled!

Maybe, just maybe, there is nothing to leak.

Not even bad beer NO. 8 ?....oh yeah I forgot there is no such thing ! :lol: .

Barry ; are we ( aligning here with Neilio 44 ) to assume there may be some inference that he may not contribute enough in training or off the pitch ?. Your post suggests that might be the case; although in fairness you don't actually say it.

If so ??? ; I would agree that players should make as much effort within the training environment ( where possible ) as on it; but that would also suggest that each player is also given the clear mandate of what is expected of them ? I can't imagine Ackers not making this clear to anyone;and furthermore I cannot imagine anyone ( including GG ) not wanting to do what is needed to get the right attention from the coaching team in terms of selection- but I may of course be wrong .

On the subject of player commitment ; I think it's fair to say everyone appears to have shown 100 % commitment when selected this season ; and for me that is (perhaps?) even more important. It says a lot about the players in the current squad , and also a lot about the coaching staff. Rugby is one of those team sports that requires a culture of commitment from everyone involved. From what I have seen of Grobler since his arrival ; he has appeared to give 100% effort on the pitch and has made an impact. That is all we can reliably comment on from a supporters perspective. I haven't seen him in training; not even through the key hole.
Last edited by RTS2 on 26 May 2019 19:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 26 May 2019 19:00 pm said..

Baz wrote:
Neilio44 wrote:Contribution in training.

Baz, Is that suggesting maybe he may not be quite committing enough in training as Johan would like?

You may think that Neil..... but I couldn’t possibly comment.

Barry , you answered Neilio44 whilst I was typing my comment...

Enough said on you previous comment then ! ....... :) ;)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

farmer 27 May 2019 13:30 pm said..

How can you say he's rarely featured this season, more appearances the Franco Mostert and Tom Savage...
farmer
Senior squad member

RTS2 28 May 2019 07:23 am said..

farmer wrote:How can you say he's rarely featured this season, more appearances the Franco Mostert and Tom Savage...

Mostart has played twice as much rugby in terms of minutes !!!!!!................994 to be precise to Groblers 479 minutes which is incidentally slight higher than Sav's at 468 . For the record Slater has played an incredible 1,390 minutes this season.

It's interesting that in terms of some averages how the stats compare between the two SA second rows. I guess you can do anyhting with numbers but it sometimes tells you where the players strengths lay. Mostart for exapmle completed a tackle every 5 minutes and Grobler completed a tackle every 6 minutes. In terms of impact of carries Mostart made on average 1.2 metres per carry and Grobler 1.7 metres per carry. All fine margin's but it says a bit about where their strengths are.

Slaters stats are very impressive too. He averaged a tackle every 7 minutes and his average distance per carry was 1.5 metres .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 28 May 2019 13:03 pm said..

For me it's partly a question of who would you drop? I can't see Slater or Mostert being displaced by GG currently, even though he's a fine player. As others have said, his time as a starter will more than likely come in the event of injury (I hope not!!) and off the bench, now that Savage has departed these shores
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

AdrianM 28 May 2019 13:15 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
farmer wrote:How can you say he's rarely featured this season, more appearances the Franco Mostert and Tom Savage...

Mostart has played twice as much rugby in terms of minutes !!!!!!................994 to be precise to Groblers 479 minutes which is incidentally slight higher than Sav's at 468 . For the record Slater has played an incredible 1,390 minutes this season.

It's interesting that in terms of some averages how the stats compare between the two SA second rows. I guess you can do anyhting with numbers but it sometimes tells you where the players strengths lay. Mostart for exapmle completed a tackle every 5 minutes and Grobler completed a tackle every 6 minutes. In terms of impact of carries Mostart made on average 1.2 metres per carry and Grobler 1.7 metres per carry. All fine margin's but it says a bit about where their strengths are.

Slaters stats are very impressive too. He averaged a tackle every 7 minutes and his average distance per carry was 1.5 metres .

So based on these stats alone this would suggest that GG is a better choice than Ed and arguably a better all round choice than Mostert. Statistics eh?
AdrianM
Academy prospect
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby