Champions Cup 19/20

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Fat Taff 19 Jun 2019 17:38 pm said..

Choice of two brilliant away weekends in France. Happy with that draw.
Posts: 4426
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

covglaws 19 Jun 2019 18:04 pm said..

lovejoy wrote:From memory isn't Connacht a bitch to get to?

There's an express bus from Shannon Airport which takes about an hour. Doesn't strike me as particularly onerous.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1696  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Chalker 19 Jun 2019 18:16 pm said..

I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

Absolutely agree with another post it's about time for us to start making a show in Europe.
Posts: 1946
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

The Shuthonger One 19 Jun 2019 19:00 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
lovejoy wrote:From memory isn't Connacht a bitch to get to?

There's an express bus from Shannon Airport which takes about an hour. Doesn't strike me as particularly onerous.

Last trip to Galway caught early evening flight from Brum to Shannon and there were no more express buses which was about 2 hours of tedium !
Posts: 557
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

madders 19 Jun 2019 19:21 pm said..

If flying into Shannon late evening check Bus Eireann times as the last bus is fairly early....and it’s not a great airport to have a long wait.
The bus is No 51, to Galway.....it runs a shuttle Cork to Galway, make sure you’re on the one to Galway....there is a ticket machine in the airport foyer, too.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
Posts: 2843
madders
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

TP17 19 Jun 2019 19:39 pm said..

Seem to remember Bristol to Knock on Ryanair being cheap, then either drive or bus from airport to Galway bus station

...a quick look on Skyscanner shows fares from £12 to £31 one way
Posts: 2100  Location: Gloucester
User avatar
TP17
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 Jun 2019 20:37 pm said..

Chalker wrote:I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

Absolutely agree with another post it's about time for us to start making a show in Europe.


3 out of the last 4 Challenge cup finals is a bit of a show isn't it?
Posts: 2073
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Chalker 19 Jun 2019 21:32 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Chalker wrote:I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

Absolutely agree with another post it's about time for us to start making a show in Europe.


3 out of the last 4 Challenge cup finals is a bit of a show isn't it?


If you are happy with the Challenge Cup that's fine and, probably, your reply supports my view. GR should now aspire to perform with the big boys at the higher level.
If you have any doubt ask JA his opinion.
Posts: 1946
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Gb83 19 Jun 2019 22:00 pm said..

Chalker wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Chalker wrote:I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

Absolutely agree with another post it's about time for us to start making a show in Europe.


3 out of the last 4 Challenge cup finals is a bit of a show isn't it?


If you are happy with the Challenge Cup that's fine and, probably, your reply supports my view. GR should now aspire to perform with the big boys at the higher level.
If you have any doubt ask JA his opinion.


We need to be competitive but I wouldn’t be upset if didn’t make it outside of the group as long as we can finish top four again. Just look at how Exeter have struggled in Europe, it’ll be a big stretch for our squad against the very physical French teams.
Posts: 1836
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Harrison26 20 Jun 2019 04:24 am said..

I partly agree with you GB83 in that, up until yesterday morning, I wasn’t too bothered if we made it out of the group. But, now that they have been drawn, I think we have a real chance of making the quarters if we win our hone games and sneak a win at Connacht and some form of point(s) at either Toulouse or Montpellier. Another top 4 finish in the prem and a QF in the Chanpions Cup should be hailed another successful season personally, anything more and we should all be estatic 8-)
Posts: 155
Harrison26
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris in Spain, Ciren35, Google [Bot], Sheddy Mcshedface and 26 guests