Champions Cup 19/20

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 Jun 2019 07:00 am said..

Chalker wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Chalker wrote:I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

Absolutely agree with another post it's about time for us to start making a show in Europe.

3 out of the last 4 Challenge cup finals is a bit of a show isn't it?

If you are happy with the Challenge Cup that's fine and, probably, your reply supports my view. GR should now aspire to perform with the big boys at the higher level.
If you have any doubt ask JA his opinion.

Didn't say that but do feel our performance in the Challenge cup has been a credit to the club given our league positions. Without them the last few years would have been particularly bleak.

Obviously I want us to do well in Europe but also realise that "success" comes in many forms. Last year only won 2 games in Europe. If we can make that 3 or 4 this year then that would be progress and may well mean we get through to the next round at which point we take what comes our way.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

andrewatcourtfarm 20 Jun 2019 07:47 am said..

[quote="Chalker"]I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

I have been on a lot of European trips with KSM to France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England and I would rate Galway (Connacht) as one of the best I have been to. The hospitality was amazing, Galway is a great town, the ground is close to the town centre and we won!

Montpellier and Connacht will be my two hopefully.
andrewatcourtfarm
First team regular

GlawsyD 20 Jun 2019 09:04 am said..

Almost the full set of countries then, Andrew. Only missing Glos matches in Spain ( Madrid and Bilbao) and Romania ( Bucharest).
Others have played in Russia / Georgia area, plus I think Stade F moved a game to Belgium. Happy to be corrected, but anywhere else for European matches? The Sarries games in the States were league games (?).
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 20 Jun 2019 10:12 am said..

Catalonia (Perpignan)
lovejoy
Hero in the making

stuartjames 20 Jun 2019 10:36 am said..

I think you can take Belgium off the list, a previous mayor of Brussels was a rugby fan and pushed hard for Stade to play a game there a few years ago. Too much snow and problems with the Thalys rail link from Paris-Brussels (again weather related) got the match postponed and they played the re-arranged fixture in Paris. I'm not sure but I think it may have been against Saracens.
stuartjames
On the board

Chalker 20 Jun 2019 12:27 pm said..

andrewatcourtfarm wrote:
Chalker wrote:I've agreed with Mrs C I will only go to two out of the three. Just the two French trips then!

I have been on a lot of European trips with KSM to France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England and I would rate Galway (Connacht) as one of the best I have been to. The hospitality was amazing, Galway is a great town, the ground is close to the town centre and we won!

Montpellier and Connacht will be my two hopefully.

Good point Andrew but I always treat my away games as gastronomic trips as well as rugby related, hence the French choice. Hope to see you in Montpellier.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 20 Jun 2019 15:11 pm said..

Lovejoy, I'm sure the Catalans would welcome the recognition, in which case you must also include the Basques of Bayonne and Biarritz.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 20 Jun 2019 17:26 pm said..

When will we know which weekends are allotted to which games? I can’t find anything on this.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

The Shuthonger One 20 Jun 2019 17:49 pm said..

See page 8 of thread.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

Tuffty 20 Jun 2019 18:08 pm said..

The Shuthonger One wrote:See page 8 of thread.

Ta!
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby