Hero in the making

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Chalker 31 May 2019 09:24 am said..

Lyon, Lyon or Lyon for me.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

lucifer 31 May 2019 12:54 pm said..

No-one like Galway, or didn’t they qualify? I thought all the Irish teams qualified.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Islander 31 May 2019 12:57 pm said..

three Lyons ..... mmm I feel a song coming on
Islander
Academy prospect

Allez Glaws 31 May 2019 13:00 pm said..

lucifer wrote:No-one like Galway, or didn’t they qualify? I thought all the Irish teams qualified.

I would love a trip to Galway. Went there a few months after our challenge cup match there and wish I'd gone
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 31 May 2019 13:22 pm said..

I'm always up for the Galway match....such a friendly bunch of folk....very gracious in defeat.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Camel 31 May 2019 14:03 pm said..

Galway would be my no. 1 destination. We went there for a wedding anniversary a few years ago and loved it. Connacht would be my choice from Tier 3.

Treviso would be my choice from Tier 4. I went a few years ago, when the game was moved to their training pitch. I won't forget watching Baz convince a bunch of Treviso fans standing on a stage to cheer for Gloucester! His attempts to get a free train ride back to Venice was a bit stingy though! Happy memories of that place and Venice was stunning.

Clermont would be my final pick from tier 1. I've never been, but it's very much on my bucket list.

I'd also fancy us to do ok in that pool, if we can play to our potential.

Do we know when the draw will be made this year and the fixtures announced?
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 31 May 2019 14:09 pm said..

Camel wrote:Galway would be my no. 1 destination. We went there for a wedding anniversary a few years ago and loved it. Connacht would be my choice from Tier 3.

Treviso would be my choice from Tier 4. I went a few years ago, when the game was moved to their training pitch. I won't forget watching Baz convince a bunch of Treviso fans standing on a stage to cheer for Gloucester! His attempts to get a free train ride back to Venice was a bit stingy though! Happy memories of that place and Venice was stunning.

Clermont would be my final pick from tier 1. I've never been, but it's very much on my bucket list.

I'd also fancy us to do ok in that pool, if we can play to our potential.

Do we know when the draw will be made this year and the fixtures announced?

Pool draw 19Jun. Fixtures tba.
DieTrying

Camel 31 May 2019 14:20 pm said..

Thanks DT.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Baz 31 May 2019 14:45 pm said..

[quote="Camel"]

Treviso would be my choice from Tier 4. I went a few years ago, when the game was moved to their training pitch. I won't forget watching Baz convince a bunch of Treviso fans standing on a stage to cheer for Gloucester! His attempts to get a free train ride back to Venice was a bit
stingy/quote]

Indeed ,Cameron they had lovely voices, Gloucester the ‘opera’ only room for 10 on the stage so when I got on in the middle an Italian fell off both ends.I have a strong memory of the KSM coach screeching out of Treviso’s car park so they didn’t have to take any marooned stragglers to the training pitch. Still I did enjoy the ride on the back of a Vespa. It was a great memory, a one off.
Baz
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby