Champions Cup 19/20

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

Camel 31 May 2019 14:49 pm said..

Baz wrote:
Camel wrote:
Treviso would be my choice from Tier 4. I went a few years ago, when the game was moved to their training pitch. I won't forget watching Baz convince a bunch of Treviso fans standing on a stage to cheer for Gloucester! His attempts to get a free train ride back to Venice was a bit
stingy/quote]

Indeed ,Cameron they had lovely voices, Gloucester the ‘opera’ only room for 10 on the stage so when I got on in the middle an Italian fell off both ends.I have a strong memory of the KSM coach screeching out of Treviso’s car park so they didn’t have to take any marooned stragglers to the training pitch. Still I did enjoy the ride on the back of a Vespa. It was a great memory, a one off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a cracking trip that one!
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Nobbler23 31 May 2019 15:38 pm said..

LYON, Eurostar and TGV, now that is a trip!!
Nobbler23
Senior squad member

Allez Glaws 01 Jun 2019 09:28 am said..

La Rochelle beat Racing last night in the top14 play offs, don't think this has much effect on tiers.. Yet.
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

Diamo 01 Jun 2019 10:11 am said..

Leinster or Toulouse
La Rochelle or Racing
Benetton or Montpellier

It's my 40th mid October, so if we can sort the sprogs out, then any of those teams present a good weekend away that I can get past the wife! :D
Posts: 809  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
On the board

James J 01 Jun 2019 12:11 pm said..

Diamo wrote:Leinster or Toulouse
La Rochelle or Racing
Benetton or Montpellier

It's my 40th mid October, so if we can sort the sprogs out, then any of those teams present a good weekend away that I can get past the wife! :D

Not sure when the Champions Cup fixtures will be, as DH let slip at the forum that the Premiership starts on October 19th because of the World Cup.
James J
Vice-Captain

Hucclecote Glaws 01 Jun 2019 16:58 pm said..

Lyon beat Montpellier 21-16 in the second barrage. It means that Montpellier will definitely be in the fourth tier as the lowest ranked French team.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

Allez Glaws 02 Jun 2019 15:24 pm said..

Tier 4 completely confirmed now. No further movement until after French semi finals.
Racing in tier 3 is going to cause some troubles for some!

Possible Gloucester opponents:
Tier 1: Leinster, Toulouse, Glasgow, Clermont Auvergne
Tier 3: Connacht, La Rochelle, Ulster, Racing 92
Tier 4: Sale, Ospreys, Bath, Benetton, Montpellier
Clubs who cannot move tiers are in bold
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

Diamo 03 Jun 2019 07:44 am said..

James J wrote:
Diamo wrote:Leinster or Toulouse
La Rochelle or Racing
Benetton or Montpellier

Not sure when the Champions Cup fixtures will be, as DH let slip at the forum that the Premiership starts on October 19th because of the World Cup.
Darn it! Thanks for the reminder, I'd fully overlooked that and forgotten about the World Cup. I'll maybe just have to delay the celebrations or celebrate in the Shed instead :D
Posts: 809  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
On the board

natoono 03 Jun 2019 08:14 am said..

Allez Glaws wrote:Tier 4 completely confirmed now. No further movement until after French semi finals.
Racing in tier 3 is going to cause some troubles for some!

Possible Gloucester opponents:
Tier 1: Leinster, Toulouse, Glasgow, Clermont Auvergne
Tier 3: Connacht, La Rochelle, Ulster, Racing 92
Tier 4: Sale, Ospreys, Bath, Benetton, Montpellier
Clubs who cannot move tiers are in bold

Clermont, Connacht, Benetton, please
natoono
Senior squad member

Harrison26 03 Jun 2019 09:15 am said..

I read somewhere (EPRC website I think) that the usual October fixtures for the Euro games will be in November, and the December/January fixtures will remain as they have been
Harrison26
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby