Champions Cup 19/20

Re: Champions Cup 19/20

The Shuthonger One 15 Jun 2019 20:46 pm said..

Toulouse just won 24 18 not that it makes much difference to our draw
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Jun 2019 20:55 pm said..

QPB allowed me a brief rugby interlude for this one. Sky pundits quite rightly critical of Laidlaw, great goal kicker but not a 9 that’s going to change a game in open play, I’d be surprised if he’s there much longer.. Willi, Joe, Callum and Charlie are a tidy set for next few years...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Gb83 15 Jun 2019 21:46 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:QPB allowed me a brief rugby interlude for this one. Sky pundits quite rightly critical of Laidlaw, great goal kicker but not a 9 that’s going to change a game in open play, I’d be surprised if he’s there much longer.. Willi, Joe, Callum and Charlie are a tidy set for next few years...

He’s a kicker and that’s it, Heinz was always the better 9 at Kingsholm. Laidlaw has done well and no doubt made some € but I can’t imagine him starting for many prem teams.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Allez Glaws 17 Jun 2019 12:48 pm said..

Updated possible Gloucester opponents:
Tier 1: Leinster, Toulouse, Glasgow, Clermont Auvergne
Tier 3: Connacht, La Rochelle, Ulster, Racing 92
Tier 4: Sale, Ospreys, Bath, Benetton, Montpellier
Clubs who cannot move tiers are in bold

For the best away trips I'd like Clermont, Connacht and any tier 4 except Sale
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

glawfindel 17 Jun 2019 14:09 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
King Prawn Bhuna wrote:QPB allowed me a brief rugby interlude for this one. Sky pundits quite rightly critical of Laidlaw, great goal kicker but not a 9 that’s going to change a game in open play, I’d be surprised if he’s there much longer.. Willi, Joe, Callum and Charlie are a tidy set for next few years...

He’s a kicker and that’s it, Heinz was always the better 9 at Kingsholm. Laidlaw has done well and no doubt made some € but I can’t imagine him starting for many prem teams.

I wonder if he fancies a stint at Old Glory DC - we are going to desperately need a kicker next season; there's a tie-up with Scottish Rugby, a minor stakeholder in the Club; Basteraud has just been announced as moving to NY, despite the paltry money on offer over here
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Citizen Rob 18 Jun 2019 13:27 pm said..

There's more about the Heineken Champions Cup draw here if you want to have a look, including the possible best and worst case scenarios for Gloucester: http://bit.ly/HCDraw2019Scenarios
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

Big Red 18 Jun 2019 13:42 pm said..

I think if our development continues on the same upward curve it has done under JA, we should be targeting getting into the knockout stages. Having said that, nobody has a divine right in this competition - I'd like to see some big occasions at 'Holm. Would love the prospect of being drawn with Leinster, Racing and Barf.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 19 Jun 2019 06:40 am said..

What time is the draw being made?
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 19 Jun 2019 06:46 am said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:What time is the draw being made?

From 1pm
DieTrying

Sticki 19 Jun 2019 07:34 am said..

Citizen Rob wrote:There's more about the Heineken Champions Cup draw here if you want to have a look, including the possible best and worst case scenarios for Gloucester: http://bit.ly/HCDraw2019Scenarios

I guess it's all subjective, drawing Leinster and a trip to Dublin, IMHO wouldn't be a bad draw. Stale and Barf would be
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby