OT-Tunes from the Tump.

Re: OT-Tunes from the Tump.

CMGC 14 Jun 2019 22:27 pm said..

DSOTM is the classic concept album.... by that I mean the tracks are better as part of the whole thing rather than on their own. IT was inspirational when it came out and still outstanding now. However tracks played inbetween say a hendrix single and a Doors one, just loose their real impact for me. It is still the greatest Album ever made however. !!!!
SOYCD is a superb listen and more intense and due to the longer tracks able to stand out for individual songs.
CMGC

GlawsyD 15 Jun 2019 05:55 am said..

Surprised to see a song about looking over the 'Unmentionables' village appear in that list :D , besides, it was probably a buzzard and not an eagle ( over inflated claims as usual).
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 15 Jun 2019 06:08 am said..

Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

GammoGlos 15 Jun 2019 07:04 am said..

Hi KPB, Glad to hear that people still listen to that. I'll start work on a Tump version and share it on here.

Thanks Beddis for posting the link.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Tumpy+1 15 Jun 2019 07:14 am said..

Can I mention Wishbone Ash again :D They are one of my favourite bands, Pink Floyd tops the lot though.
My choice for next playlist would be Year 2525 by Zager & Evans or Ruby Tuesday by Melanie. just to offer a variety of music.
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

GammoGlos 15 Jun 2019 07:15 am said..

I'll go with

Something inside so strong by Labi Siffre

Here's the link to - Tunes from the Tump

https://open.spotify.com/user/111674659 ... BKpCZpkGAA

Five songs so far
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

GammoGlos 15 Jun 2019 07:23 am said..

Tumpy+1 wrote:Which version of 'Songs from the shed' is the genuine one on Spotify that we contributed to? and where can you see the contents of the playlist? This question from a fuddy duddy :D I'll leave the old bit out :lol:

Hi Tumpy, I've just checked and there are 498 songs on this playlist. I'm on my phone at the moment when I'm in front of my laptop I'll try and get a list posted.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

coleser 15 Jun 2019 08:25 am said..

For those happy to embrace new sounds, Bill Callahan’s latest, Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest, was released yesterday and is utterly beautiful (like all of his music). Use Google to search for wonderful reviews in the Guardian, the New Yorker, Pitchfork etc..

I’ll pick a song from it at random. The Ballad of the Hulk is clever and evocative.
coleser
Vice-Captain

GammoGlos 15 Jun 2019 08:43 am said..

coleser wrote:For those happy to embrace new sounds, Bill Callahan’s latest, Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest, was released yesterday and is utterly beautiful (like all of his music). Use Google to search for wonderful reviews in the Guardian, the New Yorker, Pitchfork etc..

I’ll pick a song from it at random. The Ballad of the Hulk is clever and evocative.

Added
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

GlawsyD 15 Jun 2019 10:40 am said..

For the folk rock fans turn the volume up for Maddie Prior (Steeleye Span) in 'All Around My Hat', plus more quietly in 'Gaudete' ( always Christmas feeling for me), and for them 'Up North' there is Anniie Haslam and Renaissance with 'Northern Lights'.
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby