OT-Tunes from the Tump.

Re: OT-Tunes from the Tump.

HerefordGlos 15 Jun 2019 11:14 am said..

May I respectfully suggest 'Gimme Three Steps' by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
It reminds me of 1970s nights at the Top Spot/Harvey's/Jacqueline's nightclub in Ross. Not that the song was ever played there, but the lyrics remind me of what seemed normal events in the place. :)

I was cutting the rug
Down at a place called Jug
With a girl named Linda Lou
When in walked a man
With a gun in his hand
And he was looking for you know who
He said, "Hey there, fellow
With the hair coloured yellow
Whatcha tryin' to prove?
'Cause that's my woman there
And I'm a man who cares
And this might be all for you
HerefordGlos
Turns out for the A team

Clive's Pants 15 Jun 2019 11:33 am said..

I'm currently listening to lots of new wave British jazz (Ezra Collective, Sons of Kemet) but for the Tunes from the Tump I'm going to offer up a tune from the late 80s by a little known Glasgow funky pop band who to my mind deserved much greater success - Love and Money. The track is Strange Kind of Love from the album of the same name which, somewhat improbably, was produced by the great Gary Katz of Steely Dan.
Clive's Pants
On the board

Tumpy+1 15 Jun 2019 11:54 am said..

GammoGlos wrote:
Tumpy+1 wrote:Which version of 'Songs from the shed' is the genuine one on Spotify that we contributed to? and where can you see the contents of the playlist? This question from a fuddy duddy :D I'll leave the old bit out :lol:

Hi Tumpy, I've just checked and there are 498 songs on this playlist. I'm on my phone at the moment when I'm in front of my laptop I'll try and get a list posted.

Thanks for that. You're a good man, woman, person ..... take your pick :D . If i recall corectly, there was a great selection of tunes on that playlist.
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Jun 2019 13:38 pm said..

I've just gone from Bill Callahan on the old playlist to The Ballad of the Hulk on the new one...what a chill afternoon in the Aegean sun ..thanks all for your efforts...Shedweb the gift that keeps on giving ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Mark from Stroud 15 Jun 2019 13:51 pm said..

Can I add Bridal Train by The Waifs please :)
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Tumpy+1 15 Jun 2019 14:55 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I've just gone from Bill Callahan on the old playlist to The Ballad of the Hulk on the new one...what a chill afternoon in the Aegean sun ..thanks all for your efforts...Shedweb the gift that keeps on giving ;)

I hope you are sharing the sounds with QPB :D
Tumpy's latest tour begins next Monday and I expect to keep up with the latest playlist from overseas. Looking forward to hearing the new choice of sounds.
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Tj36 15 Jun 2019 15:47 pm said..

coleser wrote:For those happy to embrace new sounds, Bill Callahan’s latest, Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest, was released yesterday and is utterly beautiful (like all of his music). Use Google to search for wonderful reviews in the Guardian, the New Yorker, Pitchfork etc..

I’ll pick a song from it at random. The Ballad of the Hulk is clever and evocative.

Thanks Coleser, a bit Sufjan & Gil Scot. Lovely.
Tj36
Vice-Captain

The Shuthonger One 15 Jun 2019 15:57 pm said..

Clive's Pants wrote:I'm currently listening to lots of new wave British jazz (Ezra Collective, Sons of Kemet) but for the Tunes from the Tump I'm going to offer up a tune from the late 80s by a little known Glasgow funky pop band who to my mind deserved much greater success - Love and Money. The track is Strange Kind of Love from the album of the same name which, somewhat improbably, was produced by the great Gary Katz of Steely Dan.

I recently same The Comet is Coming(related to Sons of Kemet) they were the highlight for me of the 6 Music festival.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

GammoGlos 15 Jun 2019 16:17 pm said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:Can I add Bridal Train by The Waifs please :)

Hi Mark, lots of "the waifs" songs on Spotify but not that one sorry.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

GammoGlos 15 Jun 2019 16:19 pm said..

I think I've captured all the song offerings so far.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby