OT-Tunes from the Tump.

Re: OT-Tunes from the Tump.

David 16 Jun 2019 20:11 pm said..

coleser wrote:
Tj36 wrote:
coleser wrote:For those happy to embrace new sounds, Bill Callahan’s latest, Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest, was released yesterday and is utterly beautiful (like all of his music). Use Google to search for wonderful reviews in the Guardian, the New Yorker, Pitchfork etc..

I’ll pick a song from it at random. The Ballad of the Hulk is clever and evocative.

Thanks Coleser, a bit Sufjan & Gil Scot. Lovely.

Ace. I love Bill Callahan. His previous record, Dream River, is possibly my favourite of the last decade. I never thought I’d see a mention of Sufjan Stevens on Shedweb. I’m a massive fan.

Oh yas. Bill Callahan is a bit special, and this new one is very fine indeed. I was fortunate to see him play a gig in Bristol a few years ago
http://247magazine.co.uk/2011/05/11/rev ... re-100511/

and his voice is undoubtedly one of the wonders of the universe. A good one.
David
Hall of Famer

The Shuthonger One 16 Jun 2019 21:07 pm said..

Chalker wrote:Sorry about the 15.35 time but Summertime in England by Van Morrison from Common One.

The vocal exchange between Morrison and the sax of Pee Wee Ellis is exceptional.

I love Van Morrison's music and this is one of my favourites
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

GammoGlos 16 Jun 2019 21:20 pm said..

Russglos wrote:
GammoGlos wrote:
Russglos wrote:Just in case anybody is considering getting a bit, you know, oddish. Can we have Gong's Floating Anarchy please?

Russ isn't that an album? Which song (that's on Spotify) do you want

The title track if possible please.

Struggling with this one
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

coleser 17 Jun 2019 07:13 am said..

“Oh yas. Bill Callahan is a bit special, and this new one is very fine indeed. I was fortunate to see him play a gig in Bristol a few years ago
http://247magazine.co.uk/2011/05/11/rev ... re-100511/

and his voice is undoubtedly one of the wonders of the universe. A good one.”

I’d have loved to have seen him there. Caught him in Bristol about six years ago at St. George’s Hall. Just mesmeric.

I’ve been playing the new record to death this weekend. I can tell it’ll become a lovely friend to me like his previous releases.
coleser
Vice-Captain

GlawsyD 17 Jun 2019 11:09 am said..

Martin, " I've been playing this new record to death this weekend" - sounds like you need to adopt JA's rotation policy :D .

Got to include Fred Wedlock and 'Oldest Swinger in Town" for those who have been, those who are ,and those who will be. :cry:
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Jun 2019 12:29 pm said..

GlawsyD wrote:
Got to include Fred Wedlock and 'Oldest Swinger in Town" for those who have been, those who are ,and those who will be. :cry:

+1...

And just the keep the rest of the premiership clubs happy, something from The Wurzels ...Brand New Combine Harvester comes to mind...if not the Blackbird Song would be a good second best...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

GammoGlos 18 Jun 2019 05:45 am said..

GlawsyD wrote:Martin, " I've been playing this new record to death this weekend" - sounds like you need to adopt JA's rotation policy :D .

Fred's got an album on Spotify but it's not got this one on it. There is a cover version done in his style, not as good as the original.

I just listened to his song "the folker" which is a parody of "the boxer" that's quite funny.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Mark from Stroud 18 Jun 2019 06:06 am said..

GammoGlos wrote:
GlawsyD wrote:Martin, " I've been playing this new record to death this weekend" - sounds like you need to adopt JA's rotation policy :D .

Fred's got an album on Spotify but it's not got this one on it. There is a cover version done in his style, not as good as the original.

I just listened to his song "the folker" which is a parody of "the boxer" that's quite funny.

Saw him in Freshers Week at Aberystwyth in 1978. He performed it then. He really MUST be the Oldest Swinger in town now
Mark from Stroud
On the board

GlawsyD 18 Jun 2019 07:45 am said..

MoS, sadly passed on a good few years now.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby