Desert Island Discs 2019

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

Barnet glaws 16 Jun 2019 17:57 pm said..

1 Divide and conquer.-- husker du.
2 rainy days and mondays- carpenters.
3 god save the queen- sex pistols.
4 cream bun - big boy tomato.
5 carpet crawlers- genesis.
6 the war - bob mould.
7 jc auto - sugar.
8 see emily play- pink floyd.

Book.
The god delusion.

Luxury
Real ale.
Posts: 85
Barnet glaws
First team regular

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

GammoGlos 16 Jun 2019 18:11 pm said..

My Choices

Songs
1) Home - Michael Bublé
I love this song makes me thankful for being able to go home to my wife and kids after a busy day, some aren't so fortunate
2) The impossible dream - Matt Munro
Underrated singer this guy. Sinatra got all the limelight.
3) Geronimo - Shepperd
Heard them when they were supporting Jess Glynne at Kingsholm happy times
4) Hold my hand - Jess Glynne
Kingsholm erupted when she sang this. Also reminds me of holidays which is no bad thing.
5) Jesse - Joshua Kadison
Like the piano in this one
6) Everybody's Changing - Keane
Getting into these guys, vocals are amazing
7) Paint it black - Stones
Got to have a bit of Mick
8) Laid - James
Student memory

Book
1) hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

Luxury Item
1) a memory foam mattress (getting old) you can achieve anything after a good night's sleep.

Keeper Song
Home by the bubble
Posts: 671
User avatar
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

Clive's Pants 16 Jun 2019 18:49 pm said..

what's the view? - GammoGlos to add people's 8 tunes in order... Or mix them up?
Posts: 932  Location: Brummagem
Clive's Pants
On the board

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

King Prawn Bhuna 16 Jun 2019 20:14 pm said..

Clive's Pants wrote:what's the view? - GammoGlos to add people's 8 tunes in order... Or mix them up?


I don’t care, just great to listen to an eclectic playlist joined by one common theme. I don’t do Spotify Prime, so I can’t skip anything ..it’s just brilliant....the “all-inclusive” Metaxa helps...I’m now thinking we can get @gloucesterrugby on twitter to encourage a players version? If Spartacus has the time?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 7065  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

GammoGlos 16 Jun 2019 20:47 pm said..

Clive's Pants wrote:what's the view? - GammoGlos to add people's 8 tunes in order... Or mix them up?


With prime you can sort by date added, artist, title, album, don't think you can do it by genre.
Last edited by GammoGlos on 16 Jun 2019 20:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 671
User avatar
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

Peter 16 Jun 2019 20:52 pm said..

Summertime - big brother and the holding company (studio version)
Astronomy Domine – Pink Floyd (from Piper)
I’d rather go blind – Etta James
The thrill is gone - B B King (studio)
Jesus, etc - Wilco
I threw it all way – Bob Dylan
I want you – Elvis Costello
Who knows where the time goes – Fairport Convention
If on a winter's night a traveller – Italo Calvino (versione originale)
Luxury – Martin guitar
Posts: 691
Peter
Hero in the making

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

GammoGlos 16 Jun 2019 20:55 pm said..

Barnet glaws wrote:1 Divide and conquer.-- husker du.
2 rainy days and mondays- carpenters.
3 god save the queen- sex pistols.
4 cream bun - big boy tomato.
5 carpet crawlers- genesis.
6 the war - bob mould.
7 jc auto - sugar.
8 see emily play- pink floyd.

Book.
The god delusion.

Luxury
Real ale.


Can't find the tomato song
Posts: 671
User avatar
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

GammoGlos 16 Jun 2019 21:06 pm said..

Peter wrote:Summertime - big brother and the holding company (studio version)
Astronomy Domine – Pink Floyd (from Piper)
I’d rather go blind – Etta James
The thrill is gone - B B King (studio)
Jesus, etc - Wilco
I threw it all way – Bob Dylan
I want you – Elvis Costello
Who knows where the time goes – Fairport Convention
If on a winter's night a traveller – Italo Calvino (versione originale)
Luxury – Martin guitar


If on a winter's night isn't on Spotify by that artist.
Posts: 671
User avatar
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

GammoGlos 16 Jun 2019 21:22 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
Clive's Pants wrote:what's the view? - GammoGlos to add people's 8 tunes in order... Or mix them up?


I don’t care, just great to listen to an eclectic playlist joined by one common theme. I don’t do Spotify Prime, so I can’t skip anything ..it’s just brilliant....the “all-inclusive” Metaxa helps...I’m now thinking we can get @gloucesterrugby on twitter to encourage a players version? If Spartacus has the time?


I'm up for that, just need to work out a way for them to post their music choices
Posts: 671
User avatar
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Re: Desert Island Discs 2019

Peter 16 Jun 2019 21:42 pm said..

GammoGlos wrote:
Peter wrote:Summertime - big brother and the holding company (studio version)
Astronomy Domine – Pink Floyd (from Piper)
I’d rather go blind – Etta James
The thrill is gone - B B King (studio)
Jesus, etc - Wilco
I threw it all way – Bob Dylan
I want you – Elvis Costello
Who knows where the time goes – Fairport Convention
If on a winter's night a traveller – Italo Calvino (versione originale)
Luxury – Martin guitar


If on a winter's night isn't on Spotify by that artist.


Sorry - that's the book!
Posts: 691
Peter
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ElephantJuice, hairyglaws, Ken Burney and 3 guests