The English vs The Welsh

Re: The English vs The Welsh

Lebowski 14 Aug 2019 13:25 pm said..

Quins certainly didn’t beat us at home easily! The game swung on an interception try and a late scrum penalty where Quins clearly shoved early and we had an academy front row on!

As for the four players in question I’d take any one of them at Gloucester in a heartbeat.

However Madders does have some valid points and we are ALL allowed our different views, EJ included! :D

I do have significant concerns about Itoje and Sinckler however. Both are huge talents but Itoje has become a penalty magnet at international level and Sinckler is so volatile he’s a walking yellow card. I don’t know why Itoje has become so penalised. Perhaps he gets away with things in The Premiership that he doesn’t at international level. Whatever the cause he needs to sort his discipline out, and Sinckler just needs to grow up!

Marler on the other hand is a past master at getting under the skin of the opposition. He’s brilliant. If he ever went up against Sincker the latter would be carded in the blink of an eye!
Lebowski

Not1eyed 14 Aug 2019 19:22 pm said..

I agree Leb. Sinkler is a great talent but needs to sort his temperament out. I have same worry over Genge but I’d still select them both in a heartbeat.
GM raises a valid point Madders. You blindly criticise but when asked to back up with your alternative you go quiet.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Number10 14 Aug 2019 19:42 pm said..

It would be interesting to see peoples ideal 15! I'll go for it

15 Goode
14 nowell
13 Slade
12 tuilangi
11 may
10 cips
9 care
8 vunipola
7 kvisec
6 underhill
5 laws
4 kruis
3 Sincler
2 George
1 vunipola
Number10
Hall of Famer

Sky blue 14 Aug 2019 19:58 pm said..

15 Goode
14 Watson
13 Daly
12 Farrell
11 May
10 Cips
9 Spencer
8 Vunipola
7 Curry
6 Wilson
5 Maro
4 Lawes
3 Sinkler
2 George
1 Mako

Bit worried about the backs' defence - would rely on having loads of the ball.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Gb83 14 Aug 2019 20:02 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Quins certainly didn’t beat us at home easily! The game swung on an interception try and a late scrum penalty where Quins clearly shoved early and we had an academy front row on!

As for the four players in question I’d take any one of them at Gloucester in a heartbeat.

However Madders does have some valid points and we are ALL allowed our different views, EJ included! :D

I do have significant concerns about Itoje and Sinckler however. Both are huge talents but Itoje has become a penalty magnet at international level and Sinckler is so volatile he’s a walking yellow card. I don’t know why Itoje has become so penalised. Perhaps he gets away with things in The Premiership that he doesn’t at international level. Whatever the cause he needs to sort his discipline out, and Sinckler just needs to grow up!

Marler on the other hand is a past master at getting under the skin of the opposition. He’s brilliant. If he ever went up against Sincker the latter would be carded in the blink of an eye!

They did, we struggled in the scrum and our defence was terrible, it wasn’t just a lucky kick but that did stand out.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 14 Aug 2019 20:09 pm said..

15 Watson
14 Coko
13 Joseph
12 Manu
11 May
10 Farrell
9 Spencer
8 B Vunipola
7 Curry
6 Robshaw
5 Lawes
4 Kruis
3 Mako
2 George
1 Genge
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Glos1012 14 Aug 2019 20:12 pm said..

For saturday:
1.Genge
2.George
3.Cole
4.Itoje
5.Lawes
6.Wilson
7.Ludlam
8.Vunipola
9.Youngs
10.Farrell
11.Daly
12.Manu
13.Joseph
14.Big joe
15.Watson

When is the actual team announced?
Glos1012
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 14 Aug 2019 20:16 pm said..

Mine would probably be:

1 Vunipola
2 George
3 Cole
4 Kruis
5 Itoje
6 Underhill
7 Curry
8 Vunipola
9 Heinz
10 Cipriani
11 May
12 Tuilagi
13 Slade
14 Watson
15 Goode

To be honest though, I think the WC squad is very strong and EJ knows much more than me; and I’d go with Goode kicking
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Number10 14 Aug 2019 20:19 pm said..

Yes it is a strong squad and also lots of strong players not made the squad. I think the point is made by of sides picked so far the only 2 players in every side are Billy vunipola and George.
Number10
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 14 Aug 2019 20:23 pm said..

Find it very interesting that people don’t think a front line goal kicker is essential. Heart over head for me
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby