England RWC'19 Squad

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

Baz 12 Aug 2019 12:15 pm said..

For a player who when signed provoked postings of ‘seriously underwhelmed’, ‘ not what we need’ ‘Box kick Willi’ and “I’ve heard he’s going back to NewZealand’ he’s done rather well, hasn’t he ?
Great stuff Willi, so well deserved.
Baz
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 12 Aug 2019 12:17 pm said..

Super stuff for Willi. With only two nines going there is absolutely no reason why he should not be a starter either. Dangerous to go on a single performance but he looked the more dangerous of the two English Scrum Halves on Sunday.

... and my word, I really feel for Danny ... the man could do no more.
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

colinboag 12 Aug 2019 12:22 pm said..

I think the Cipriani decision stinks. Just my view.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Glawsterkaapie 12 Aug 2019 12:24 pm said..

Delighted for Willi Heinz and the family that has supported him in the Gloucester cause and now England's.
Glawsterkaapie
Vice-Captain

juanhunglo 12 Aug 2019 12:32 pm said..

England struggling in a match, 8pts down after 60mins, world cup on the line, bring on Danny C, oops sorry he's not here!
juanhunglo
Senior squad member

Smudger 12 Aug 2019 12:32 pm said..

Overall I cannot see a lot wrong with that squad - there is one obvious glaring omission but that has been talked to death already so I wont go on about that.
I thought Willi was excellent yesterday, as was Ludlum and (Tin Hat on) George Ford. It made me start to think - DC has been in the form of his life playing outside Willi, with seemingly so much time to play the ball and make decisions. GF plays outside Willi and has a great first half, looking dangerous and leading the line well. 57 goes off and BY comes on, GF's game starts to falter a little, couple of aimless kicks to nowhere when under pressure etc etc.
Could it be that EJ has seen what I am seeing? Doesn't excuse DC's omission but could explain why 57 has leapfrogged Ben Simpson and on the performances yesterday could easily start ahead of BY.
Just saying.............
Smudger
Senior squad member

Islander 12 Aug 2019 12:34 pm said..

Only two tightheads looks a bit light to me.
Islander
Turns out for the A team

spanish exile 12 Aug 2019 12:36 pm said..

Absolutely delighted for WH, against Wales he looked like he has stepped up another level & expect him to seriously challenge Youngs.
Equally really feel for DC even though it was fairly inevitable & hope that it doesn't effect his performances next season as he hasn't got anything to prove.
spanish exile
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Aug 2019 12:36 pm said..

In the end, he's cut out the dead wood and assembled a squad that will go a long way. Squads grow during a tournament and this one certainly has potential.

Only thing to change would be replacing one of the generic wings/backs with Alex Goode. I can reconcile the DC choice but he's miles off the mark without Goode.

Finally, Willi Heinz...get in there! Brilliant.....yet again he's playing what his coaching team are asking of him....and playing it well. So pleased for him and his family. Don't forget to take you Gloucester shirt for the photo opportunity with the cup ;)
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

ROLLO 12 Aug 2019 12:38 pm said..

Congraulations to Willi, also Jack Singleton who makes the squad.
Agree about the SKY presentation the female presenter was only just coherant.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby