England RWC'19 Squad

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

plod 12 Aug 2019 12:40 pm said..

Jones has completely lost it - he’s only picked two Quins players.
plod
Hall of Famer

robs1 12 Aug 2019 12:41 pm said..

If WH does well at the WC we could well benefit from the confidence that will bring to his game when he returns for glos, just hope the opposite doesnt apply to DC
robs1
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 12 Aug 2019 12:45 pm said..

Hopefully, Willi will remain fit and uninjured for the remaining warm up matches. This would mean that it would be the second World Cup tournament that Heinz has featured.......

...as Heinz were one of the main sponsors in the 1991 competition. :mrgreen:
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

TheOptimistSenior 12 Aug 2019 12:50 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I think the Cipriani decision stinks. Just my view.

Mine too, GS.
We will, almost certainly, never know why Danny has not made the squad, although we can surmise. You mentioned elsewhere that Sinbad missed a lot of caps for England because of injuries - he also missed out because his defence was perceived as poor. Mike Ford has said that in retrospect that was the wrong decision. I wonder if that has any relevance to Danny, although I have not been concerned by his defence. To not take such a gifted fly half and, by all accounts, a leader, is baffling.
Great news for Willi Heinz and very well deserved. His performance yesterday was excellent.
Last edited by TheOptimistSenior on 12 Aug 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

CMGC 12 Aug 2019 12:52 pm said..

Good squad and probably much as to be expected. A couple of marginal calls only and that is only for coverign injuries.
EJ showing that he does pick on form and performance and reputations count for nothing. Good to see several newish faces who have demanded selection. Also a very English squad , with only 4 not born in England I think . Good to see all 11 remaining Prem clubs represented in the list.
CMGC

LowerO 12 Aug 2019 12:53 pm said..

Absolutely delighted for Willi, has taken his chance brilliantly. No surprise re Cips - the only route for him is an injury (and seeing the bad news re Anscombe, it’s always a possibility - although I don’t wish that on anyone). Ford is there on merit and the squad doesn’t look half bad. Although as KPB says, why no Goode - he is an exceptional player and one who deserves a shot (even more than DC!).
LowerO
Hero in the making

TheOptimistSenior 12 Aug 2019 12:55 pm said..

CMGC wrote:..... . Good to see all 11 remaining Prem clubs represented in the list.

Bristol?
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

juanhunglo 12 Aug 2019 12:57 pm said..

Using a "Bristol" bus apparently...
juanhunglo
Senior squad member

CMGC 12 Aug 2019 12:58 pm said..

T|O|S. well spotted. I had hoped someone would spot my deliberate mistake !!!
CMGC

ROLLO 12 Aug 2019 13:01 pm said..

No Wuss either.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby