England RWC'19 Squad

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

ladypochita 12 Aug 2019 18:23 pm said..

Showing his true class with this tweet
ladypochita
Hero in the making

Francophile1 12 Aug 2019 18:32 pm said..

Are we the only club in the Premiership with 3 International No. 9s ?
Francophile1
Senior squad member

caldiglaws 12 Aug 2019 18:32 pm said..

The thing is the mainstream media who love it when he is seen as the bad boy of English rugby will not notice this sign of maturity and respect for his fellow players
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

Number10 12 Aug 2019 18:34 pm said..

Harrison26 wrote:Delighted for Willi and thoroughly deserved after a strong season last year. To echo everyone else, gutted for DC.
I agree with you though Smudger, it is possible that it is Heinz who brings the best out of the man outside him - given how poorly Ford has been previously, but how well he played on Saturday (with Heinz on), it sure is possible.
My trip to Japan next month will now be worth it with a Gloucester player representing England!

I think Heinz is class and fully deserves his spot but I would cips is class with or without him. Dont forget at the start of the season cips played some of his best rugby with braley at 9.
Number10
Hall of Famer

glos stirrer 12 Aug 2019 18:35 pm said..

So who are the other surprise omissions from this squad then?
glos stirrer
Turns out for the A team

tigerchef 12 Aug 2019 18:49 pm said..

glos stirrer wrote:So who are the other surprise omissions from this squad then?

What, apart from Cips, Thorley, Slater, VRR, Atkinson, 36 and Morgan?

Can't think of any.
tigerchef
On the board

Coveman 12 Aug 2019 18:55 pm said..

Number10 wrote:
Harrison26 wrote:Delighted for Willi and thoroughly deserved after a strong season last year. To echo everyone else, gutted for DC.
I agree with you though Smudger, it is possible that it is Heinz who brings the best out of the man outside him - given how poorly Ford has been previously, but how well he played on Saturday (with Heinz on), it sure is possible.
My trip to Japan next month will now be worth it with a Gloucester player representing England!

I think Heinz is class and fully deserves his spot but I would cips is class with or without him. Dont forget at the start of the season cips played some of his best rugby with braley at 9.

Agreed, re Heinz deserving a spot. I think a large part of his inclusion is his maturity and leadership, an area where England have struggled for a long time. In those games where it’s going wrong, Farrell is loosing his cool etc, Willi will bring a steadying hand, voice and control, probably from the bench.

(Big and hopefully incorrect assumption that Youngs remains the starting 9)
Coveman
Vice-Captain

robs1 12 Aug 2019 19:58 pm said..

EJ seems to be relying on BV to stay fit, could be a phone call home if he breaks down, he is going to have to play an awful lot, not sure how hard the pitches out there will be
robs1
Hall of Famer

madders 12 Aug 2019 20:06 pm said..

Tigerchef....you missed our two very dependable props.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

TP17 12 Aug 2019 21:00 pm said..

Absolutely delighted for Willi, so well deserved.

The thing that worries me is that if EJ hadn't given Heinz a chance then we’d have 0 players going to the World Cup after finishing 3rd. I won’t comment on Cips, Im sure we all share the same opinion on that situation. However, I still worry that there’s no real 8 replacement, if Billy V gets injured then which player covers? I think Ben Morgan deserves to and should be in that squad.
TP17
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby