England RWC'19 Squad

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

SIBARITE 14 Aug 2019 06:04 am said..

tigerchef wrote:
madders wrote:Tigerchef....you missed our two very dependable props.


Think Vickery and Woodman are getting on a bit.


Earlier you promoted a prop for England who did very little to get us to third place. I'm guessing you haven't a clue about front row work and what it entails.
Posts: 67
SIBARITE
First team regular

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

Number8 14 Aug 2019 07:43 am said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I understand now: EJ's selections are not him trying to win the RWC, but are driven by spite, and presumably an anti-Glaws bias! Remarkable.


You missed out that every waking hour he is trying to work out new and ingenious ways of upsetting Cips :roll:
Posts: 468
Number8
Vice-Captain

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

JamesK 14 Aug 2019 07:57 am said..

Number8 wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:I understand now: EJ's selections are not him trying to win the RWC, but are driven by spite, and presumably an anti-Glaws bias! Remarkable.


You missed out that every waking hour he is trying to work out new and ingenious ways of upsetting Cips :roll:


And of course his pro Quins bias.
Posts: 394
JamesK
Vice-Captain

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

Porky 14 Aug 2019 08:20 am said..

madders wrote:Why not read my post again, as you don’t seem to understand it.


Madders, you need to get out more.....
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Posts: 1142  Location: Holding on to the floor
User avatar
Porky
Hall of Famer

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

kentishglaws 14 Aug 2019 08:38 am said..

I was at the game on Sunday, and as much as it pains me to say it, Ford played a blinder. His distribution and spacial awareness were fantastic, he was nearly 10 out 10 other than one poor kick and a missed tackle for going high. Still think DC should’ve been given a shout somewhere but I think if anyone is claiming Ford shouldn’t be in the squad, I don’t think it’s necessarily a fair case
Posts: 358
kentishglaws
Vice-Captain

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

Gb83 14 Aug 2019 09:55 am said..

kentishglaws wrote:I was at the game on Sunday, and as much as it pains me to say it, Ford played a blinder. His distribution and spacial awareness were fantastic, he was nearly 10 out 10 other than one poor kick and a missed tackle for going high. Still think DC should’ve been given a shout somewhere but I think if anyone is claiming Ford shouldn’t be in the squad, I don’t think it’s necessarily a fair case


Agree and England have player their best rugby with Ford at 10 in the past.

That argument is Cips could play that 10 role even better but Ford is a Jones favourite and one of his leaders, I don’t have issues with Ford going, it’s just a shame Cips didn’t get a genuine chance.
Posts: 1551
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

CMGC 14 Aug 2019 10:06 am said..

I think the issue now is more about continuity and familiarity. Dropping Ford for Cips now would disrupt too much knowledge and understanding in the team. I have no doubt had DC been more available 3-4 yrs ago he would be in the frame now. However to have OF and DC only would be a huge risk on the team. The only issue is whether he should have taken 3 10's and given you only have 31 then that is a fine judgement.
Posts: 4010  Location: In the sticks
CMGC
Moderator

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

madders 14 Aug 2019 10:08 am said..

Good point. Unfortunately OF plays a limited game, infact the top sides (Sarries, Leinster,Munster) seem to play kick chase at which they are very good and rely on the opposition making mistakes. Not great to watch.
If Ford does an Anscombe, Eddie will be stuffed, and don’t assume DC is next in line, either.
It’s a shame as the Heinz/Cipriani combination is deadly.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
Posts: 2598
madders
Hall of Famer

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

CMGC 14 Aug 2019 10:14 am said..

IF either OF or GF are crocked at some point then I assume DC is next in line. However you suggest perhaps not? I'm not sure who else is in line however as the only ones used have been Smith and before than Burns !!! I can't believe we would struggle on with Francis. Any other suggestions?
Posts: 4010  Location: In the sticks
CMGC
Moderator

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

tigerchef 14 Aug 2019 12:20 pm said..

SIBARITE wrote:
tigerchef wrote:
madders wrote:Tigerchef....you missed our two very dependable props.


Think Vickery and Woodman are getting on a bit.


Earlier you promoted a prop for England who did very little to get us to third place. I'm guessing you haven't a clue about front row work and what it entails.


Woah your horses there! Seriously, I think you have had to much internet for today, but now you have my attention. Pretend you are talking to a 4 year old, because I don't understand the point you are trying to make? Is it that VRR is nice and fresh and ready to go? Is it that you think that an Irish, former Gloucester player released should play for England over VRR, or is it that you think that a New-Zealander who is inelgable to play for England should play?

Whats your point caller?

*Reason for edit* I forgot the 4 times capped Scottish loosehead as well.
Posts: 926
tigerchef
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Hucclecote Glaws and 16 guests