Season tickets

Re: Season tickets

DieTrying 15 Aug 2019 21:36 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:
GlawsyD wrote:Oh goody, another lanyard and plastic wallet to be added to the collection in the drawer. Why can't there be a generic lanyard which can be reused by inserting the new season ticket / credit card?

Suggest it to them, as well as punching a slot in the ST so the lanyard threads through it instead of using more plastic.

I just did :D
DieTrying

King Prawn Bhuna 16 Aug 2019 07:26 am said..

Instead of plastic card and lanyard holder...I've got this great eco-friendly concept of a paper based booklet that has a ticket for each match printed in it. You wouldn't need seperate vouchers they could also be printed in the booklet. ...genius

Wild, wacky and futuristic concept...

I'm off to the workshop to design recyclable paper bobble hats
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

gmorgan131285 16 Aug 2019 07:46 am said..

GlawsyD wrote:Oh goody, another lanyard and plastic wallet to be added to the collection in the drawer. Why can't there be a generic lanyard which can be reused by inserting the new season ticket / credit card?

Because it wouldn't give you anything trivial to whinge about.
gmorgan131285
Hero in the making

Pieman 16 Aug 2019 07:50 am said..

Just put it into the Gloucester Rugby App!

Discounts, tickets, stadium access, buying beer from the bars, all through the app.

Less paper, less plastic, better access to discounts when out and about, less cash in the staidum for the club to have to bank and deal with on a match day.

Maybe not for everyone, as not all of us are members of the digital generation, but the future is comming!
Pieman
Vice-Captain

Jono026 16 Aug 2019 08:02 am said..

You’ll be glad to know they took onboard the ‘less plastic’ idea....

No lanyard or holder in the pack at all!!
Jono026
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 16 Aug 2019 08:14 am said..

Jono026 wrote:You’ll be glad to know they took onboard the ‘less plastic’ idea....

No lanyard or holder in the pack at all!!

That's quick, I only sent a tweet suggesting that last night
:D
DieTrying

Biffo 16 Aug 2019 08:22 am said..

Me and the wife both received our tickets this morning.
They have taken on board the saving plastic idea.
When (not if) you renew for the 2020/21 season you will keep the same card but it will be re-activated for the following season.
Biffo
On the board

Sticki 16 Aug 2019 08:45 am said..

Biffo wrote:Me and the wife both received our tickets this morning.
When (not if) you renew for the 2020/21 season you will keep the same card but it will be re-activated for the following season.

Why am I already foreseeing delays at the gate for the first game of the 2020/21 season
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Hero in the making

Jono026 16 Aug 2019 08:47 am said..

Sticki wrote:
Biffo wrote:Me and the wife both received our tickets this morning.

Why am I already foreseeing delays at the gate for the first game of the 2020/21 season

That’s great having a renewable card but maybe provide a lanyard which is also renewable/usable for subsequent seasons.

So yes lots of delays, dropped cards, lost cards etc..
Jono026
Vice-Captain

Up the jumper 16 Aug 2019 09:19 am said..

Pieman wrote:Just put it into the Gloucester Rugby App!

Discounts, tickets, stadium access, buying beer from the bars, all through the app.

Less paper, less plastic, better access to discounts when out and about, less cash in the staidum for the club to have to bank and deal with on a match day.

Maybe not for everyone, as not all of us are members of the digital generation, but the future is comming!

No thanks - for two reasons. The App is simply to buggy - but that can be overcome. The real issue is having everything on a single device that is prone to theft/loss/breakage/no power, nevermind that there is an expectation that everyone will have a smartphone. If you are going the full on tech route, why not go the whole hog and use iris scanners or facial recognition?

A renewable card tho would be a good step.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby