Season tickets

Re: Season tickets

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Aug 2019 13:35 pm said..

What happens when your phone goes flat as mine invariably does......?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Theotherjonny 20 Aug 2019 13:40 pm said..

My phone hasn't arrived!!! :lol:

(actually, neither has my 'membership' card) :(
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 235  Location: Tewkesbury (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
Theotherjonny
Vice-Captain

covglaws 20 Aug 2019 14:18 pm said..

SonofPricey wrote:Mine arrived at the end of last week. I believe the club are actively looking at moving all ticketing onto the app at some point (in line with a growing number of sporting arenas in the UK and US). The technology has to be pretty much perfect though and would eventually mean the demise of the turnstile attendants.

I think the paper tickets (even the print at home option) will be a thing of the past within a year or two.

I've never got the app to work yet, so a fat lot of good that would be.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1605  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 20 Aug 2019 15:16 pm said..

Theotherjonny wrote:My phone hasn't arrived!!! :lol:

(actually, neither has my 'membership' card) :(

You’re banned; did you not get the memo
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Up the jumper 20 Aug 2019 15:25 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
SonofPricey wrote:Mine arrived at the end of last week. I believe the club are actively looking at moving all ticketing onto the app at some point (in line with a growing number of sporting arenas in the UK and US). The technology has to be pretty much perfect though and would eventually mean the demise of the turnstile attendants.

I think the paper tickets (even the print at home option) will be a thing of the past within a year or two.

I have never had much joy with the app - its full of bugs....but a much bigger concern is the assumption that everybody has a smartphone. This is the latest data I can find, from Feb this year of ownership by age.
smart.PNG

App only would reduce your customer base significantly, which would be a foolhardy thing to do.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain

Lurker 20 Aug 2019 16:02 pm said..

Got a free bobble in each of our packs - can’t wait to attach them to our hats!! :D
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 20 Aug 2019 16:04 pm said..

Lurker wrote:Got a free bobble in each of our packs - can’t wait to attach them to our hats!! :D

:lol:
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Russglos 20 Aug 2019 16:31 pm said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:
Lurker wrote:Got a free bobble in each of our packs - can’t wait to attach them to our hats!! :D

:lol:

Reminds me of the old joke about sending a child next-door with a button, to ask if they had a shirt that they could sew onto it.
Russglos
Vice-Captain

tigerchef 20 Aug 2019 23:24 pm said..

Up the jumper wrote:
covglaws wrote:

I have never had much joy with the app - its full of bugs....but a much bigger concern is the assumption that everybody has a smartphone. This is the latest data I can find, from Feb this year of ownership by age.
smart.PNG

App only would reduce your customer base significantly, which would be a foolhardy thing to do.

Depends on the number of season tickets per age bracket.
tigerchef
On the board

The Shuthonger One 21 Aug 2019 07:29 am said..

My experience of using my phone instead of ticket/e-ticket is. Airports works 100%. Railway stations about 30%, guards on train about 90%. Concerts about 75%.
So I hope that when the club chooses a system that it is a proven one.
I also agree the club need to make allowances for people without smart phones.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby